Thread: Kworld Digital/Analog HDTV ATSC-110 help needed! Channel problems and sound.

Kworld Digital/Analog HDTV ATSC-110 help needed! Channel problems and sound.

Hello I first off want to say this is one of the better PVR programs out there being that it's free! It's easier than BTV4 to configure! Also the interface is nice!

My problem is that I configured my TV tuner card with the info I received in the forum but still having problems getting channels tuned. Sound is my second problem! At first I did not get any channels to show up until the help here. Now I only get two channels to show up out of the 99 basic cable channels. I have my tuning set to cable and not antenna because I do not have a HDTV antenna yet.

I'm testing two plugins now. One is the WDM Recording plugin and the other is the BDA recording plugin. I get problems with the BDA and I get only two channels to show up using the WDM recording plugin. I get no sound using the WDM plugin. So my question is how to set up plugin to get channels tuned and have sound going?

Can someone here provide a snapshot of how they have there Kworld ATSC-110 Tv turner set up using this PVR program that works??? I'm having the worst luck on my on. Is there a better plugin out there??? I hope someone can help. Below I provided some Pc specs and info. I have the tv tuner line out put in the line in of the sound card so sound gose through the sound card. Sound works when using other PVR programs so I know the hook-up is set up right. Maybe I have the plugin set up wrong in the WDM plugin. I hope someone could help. Thanks!

LegendaryGamer

CPU=1.4 AMD Athlon
    Memory=256
    OS= WinXP Home ED
    260GB HD space
    TV Tuner= 1 Kworld ATSC-110 installed
    Sound card= sound blaster X gamer- Note TV tuner sound is placed in the the line in of the sound card. Still having no sound though!

Bda.in has this put in.
    [KWorld ATSC-110 ATSC]
    TUNING_TYPE=ATSC
    FILTER_TUNER=713x BDA ATSC Tuner
    FILTER_CAPTURE=713x BDA Digital Capture
    PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
    PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
    PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
    PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

Sorry, but the WDM Recording plugin is not part of the GB-PVR application - so not something I can provide support for.

You dont actually say what the problem you are having with the BDA side of things, but have you review the ATSC setup instructions at http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/C...ineHDTVSource?

I have two ATSC 110's installed. The WDM Software Recording plugin works with them, but I do not currently have it installed. I posted the settings required to make it work in another message on the forum. That was for version 96.13, but I used the same basic settings under 97.x and it also worked.

The BDA drivers work fine. You must have a mpeg decoder installed though. And the channels configured according to the directions Sub linked to, of course.
    David

PVR PC: Win2K3, Athlon x2 64 4600+, 1280MB Ram, 40+400 GB HD's, Gigabyte Network
    PVR-250, ATSC-110 digital x2, GBPVR v1.3.7 w/SQLite DB
    Extras: Addepisode 41, Comskip 79.46, EWA 76, Zaptools

DSM-520 (D-Link Media Lounge) FW 1.04 using TVersity Media Server 0.9.11.4
    DSM-320 (D-Link Media Lounge) FW 1.09
    MediaMVP

More specs

Unhappy

Sub
    "You dont actually say what the problem you are having with the BDA side of things, but have you review the ATSC setup instructions at http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/C...ineHDTVSource?"

My main problem is tuning channels in using gbpvr with Kworld ATSC-110 TV Tuner. I only get two channels to so. I have it set to cable. I live in the US. So what is the best plugin to use with this card??? How do you tune channels using gbpvr???

My main problem is tuning channels in using gbpvr with Kworld ATSC-110 TV Tuner. I only get two channels to so.
    In theory, you should be able to get any OTA (Over The Air) ATSC digital channels that you can get with any other app. I'm not sure how many that would be in your area. Do you get more in other apps? Most people only receive half a dozen or less, so this may be normal for your location?

For analog channels, unfortunately this device lacks the required hardware MPEG2 encoder so its not supported. Your only chance of using the analog side of this card is the WDM Recorder plugin which you've already tried - but this is not something written by me, so I dont provide any support for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sub
    In theory, you should be able to get any OTA (Over The Air) ATSC digital channels that you can get with any other app. I'm not sure how many that would be in your area. Do you get more in other apps? Most people only receive half a dozen or less, so this may be normal for your location?

For analog channels, unfortunately this device lacks the required hardware MPEG2 encoder so its not supported. Your only chance of using the analog side of this card is the WDM Recorder plugin which you've already tried - but this is not something written by me, so I dont provide any support for it.

Thanx. This was my problem. Trying to get analog channels tuned in. I have no HDTV antenna to watch in HDVT yet so I was trying to set GB-PVR for analog channels but with the WDM plugin there is no tuning device. I have the software MPEG2 encoders. I wish this program had a Channel tuning feature like intervideo WinDVR 3. WinDVR 3 works but dose not have a cool interace like GB-PVR. Beyond TV lack the same feature!

Sorry, I'm just not interested in adding support for software MPEG2 encoder devices. I'm only one guy, and I decided long ago that implementing support for software encoders would be a huge drain on my time and not worth it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by legendarygamer
    Thanx. This was my problem. Trying to get analog channels tuned in. I have no HDTV antenna to watch in HDVT yet so I was trying to set GB-PVR for analog channels but with the WDM plugin there is no tuning device. I have the software MPEG2 encoders. I wish this program had a Channel tuning feature like intervideo WinDVR 3. WinDVR 3 works but dose not have a cool interace like GB-PVR. Beyond TV lack the same feature!
    I have my cards connected to my regular arial antenna and recieve digital versions of all my analog stations and then some.
    David

PVR PC: Win2K3, Athlon x2 64 4600+, 1280MB Ram, 40+400 GB HD's, Gigabyte Network
    PVR-250, ATSC-110 digital x2, GBPVR v1.3.7 w/SQLite DB
    Extras: Addepisode 41, Comskip 79.46, EWA 76, Zaptools

DSM-520 (D-Link Media Lounge) FW 1.04 using TVersity Media Server 0.9.11.4
    DSM-320 (D-Link Media Lounge) FW 1.09
    MediaMVP

More specs