Thread: email plugin

does anyone have experience with pop3/smtp protocols, actually writing them or implementing them, cos a little email plugin in would be cool, even if it only allowed plain text emails without attachments or something, since pop3 and smtp are fairly simple protocols shouldnt be that hard to do, probably be best not to delete the msg off the server when you download them thou, so can collect them off main pc, or just have an option for this.

doesnt need an onscreen keyboard or anything just use for use with a wireless keyboard setup, just think it would be kinda cool.

go real nice with a chat plugin aswell, irc or msn or something, if anyone has any experience in these subjects could you please take it under consideration.

Look in the developers forum. An email plugin is in development (though going slowly - sorry, and an MSN one is being investigated,

Colin.

cool, yeah i heard about the msn messenger plugin, didnt see the email one, but sweet

Yes, the email plugin is progressing somewhat slowly, but i have a basic implementation which can be found at here.

This works with some pop3 servers for "poping mail". This does not remove it from the mail server. Give it a try and let me know how you get on,

Cheers,
    Colin.

yeah it doesnt seem to work with my pop3 server i keep getting a "Exception of type Lesnikowski.Client.ServerException was thrown" so i cant test it, but from the desc on the link it sounds pretty good the ability to view images from email would be nice, i hope you get that going, rendering html emails isnt that important, since most html emails are usually spam anyways

but yeah keep working on it, it snds cool