Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: transcode not stopping

transcode not stopping

in the new version, transcode doesn't seem to be stopping...even when hitting the stop button on the dialog...any ideas Sub?
    anything change in there in most recent release? pretty sure it worked in .97.8-

it used to stop when ffmpeg exited but now it just stays up..
    [kinda breaks my showburner plugin..but should also affect anyone using it normally]
    i also had to use the recordings delete patch,was wondering if htat had anything to do with it..
    i'm getting other users with same problems..
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    2. C2D 2.53, XPPro, ATI HD3450, Kworld 330U, Comm. Skin, GBpvr 1.4.7
    Author: Pvrx2 utils- Simple Archiver.bat, NTFSLinker [Junction gui]
    Universal Util: MCE Remote no-software trick and Shutdown Protector
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

I've tried to reproduce this here but it seems to be working ok using both the mouse and keyboard/remote.

I did fix a couple of things in this area of the app immediately after the release, so this may have been one of them. My memory is a bit hazy on the exact details.

ooo....yea the original ffmpeg works still...maybe the way the progress is updated was changed? i just have my fake ffmpeg.exe run as a dummy, waiting for my app to finish or to be closed by gbpvr, then it stops...
    even if my app exits memory, and closes ffmpeg.exe, the dialog doesn't seem to know..won't stop no matter what i do.. have to exit gbpvr..
    i think this will also break zprocess also..[same method]

is it tied closer to the file's creation?
    [no files get created when i add files to que]
    was working rather nicely there b4...since the transcode buttons were created..
    and was only way i could see to tie in other trancoders...

if it's tied to a file creation,i could make a temp one to keep it happy..
    just need to know what actions it's looking for..
    any help appreciated!
    1. C2D 1.6ghz XPPro, ATI HD4650lowprofile,Cat 8.11, Aver M780, KWorld PCI 120, MVP, GBpvr 1.4.7, Comm. Skin. VFD, Imon plugin w/SmartieLCD[custom]
    3. Zotac Mini ITX G41[$84] + ati 650pro pcie[$29], Celeron duo[$22] BDRom drive [$48]

Nothing has explicitly changed on this front.

hmm..

all i need to know is what triggers the progress dialog..it used to be just having ffmpeg.exe process running would do it, even the file size changes worked..
    actually i just checked and transcoding with mencoder works, so it must be tied to the file size growth...[or lack thereof on my profiles that just delete files]
    i'll see if fooling it with a fake file that grows works..

but if you see what makes it go, let me know...

shouldn't it quit if ffmpeg.exe exits?

file size updates not working

also now the file size doesn't update when transcoding,it only updates when moving button focus from stop to exit...leave it on a button and no update..
    move it over and it updates..
    wonder if this is related...never did that before either..

all i need to know is what triggers the progress dialog..it used to be just having ffmpeg.exe process running would do it, even the file size changes worked..
    It just polls the transcodeProcess.HasExited property, and when its set to true it means the process has exited. It doesnt check any files or anything.

also now the file size doesn't update when transcoding,it only updates when moving button focus from stop to exit...leave it on a button and no update..
    This was definitely something I fixed after this last release which included the new Video Library rewrite, and will be working in the next release.

cool

cool,that will probably fix it then..as it seems to only happen on profiles that don't create a file...the transcoding ones work fine..[except for the progress]

finally upgraded to 97.x and everything working so far...
    [tho i did have the recordings non-delete bug...patch fixed it tho..]

why oh why do they put all my favorite shows on, on the same night? lol
    just finished 8 recordings in a row,no hiccups..

thanx...

Quote Originally Posted by pBS
    ooo....yea the original ffmpeg works still...maybe the way the progress is updated was changed? i just have my fake ffmpeg.exe run as a dummy, waiting for my app to finish or to be closed by gbpvr, then it stops...
    even if my app exits memory, and closes ffmpeg.exe, the dialog doesn't seem to know..won't stop no matter what i do.. have to exit gbpvr..
    i think this will also break zprocess also..[same method]
    Yes it did break ZProcess. That's why I created the Hunter.exe. I needed to spawn an external util that would help ZProcess (Fake ffmpeg) close when GB-pvr thinks its closing the original ffmpeg...
    Frank Z

I used to ask 'why?' Now I just reinstall...