Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New User Probs

New User Probs

Hi, I just switched from BeyondTV to give gb-pvr a try. When I try to start the GUI I get an error message immediately stating,"gbpvr.exe has encounted a problem and needs to close..."

Any suggestions on what I did wrong?

TIA
    Mark

AMD Athlon 64 3000, HDD: 80, 120, 200 GB, Hauppauge 350 + 150, MVP, Asus 6000L Laptop client, Asus X50sl client,
    Fritz!box 7140 modem/router, GBPVR 1.3.7.

Bit more info needed.

Have you tried running the config app? Have you got .net 2.0?

In the Windows event viewer there should be an entry for the GBPVR error. Can you post it?

What version of GB-PVR are you trying to install? Is it the latest version, 97.13?

If not... download the latest version, get .NET 2.0 installed and give it a try again. Can you screen shot the error and post it?

GB-PVR 97.13 Download

My GB-PVR Rig: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-US2H , AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400, 2 x 2gb PC6400 DDR2
    1 x HVR2250, HD Homerun PRIME, 1tb Western Digital, 750gb Western Digital, Antec NSK2400 Case, Logitech Harmony

Connected to: Full 1080 37" Vizio LCD
    Current Projects: Moving my config over to a new i3 based rig and a Radeon 6670.
    To Purchase: More drive space!!!

Thanks for the quick responses

I've decided to reinstall, pretty much from scratch and make sure all the drivers are updated - then see what happens. I'll post any problems here when I'm finished. Again, thanks all!

NEW Problem...

Well I got the program to run using the " DeviceTypeCheck" utility to properly identify my card, however; it only saw one card. I have the Hauppage 150 AND 350. It only saw the 150. Not sure what is going on or how to troubleshoot it. Any suggestions?

Incidently, the hardware manager shows everything is installed properly - and they were both working with my previous PVR software.
    Last edited by marklp77; 2006-07-25 at 05:14 PM.

When I try to start the GUI I get an error message immediately stating,"gbpvr.exe has encounted a problem and needs to close..."
    Do you still get this?

The devices arent used until actually try to do a recording or watch live tv, so this error wont be caused by the DeviceTypeCheck problem you mentioned above.

Sorry for the confusion...

The problem with the error message went away once I re-read the install instructions . I had the capture card configured improperly. So now I'm just having difficulty getting the 350 to show up in the utility.

Thks,Mark

You dont actually need the DeviceTypeCheck. Just setup two capture sources - one as a PVR150 as device#1, the other as a PVR350 device #2. If it doesnt seem to work, then swap the device numbers.

Sub, thanks for your responses, but for me, your suggestion didn't work... Will have to give up for now, but will give it another shot in a week or so.