Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scheduled recording failed

Scheduled recording failed

Overnight, a scheduled recording showed up as Failed using v0.97.9 on a Happauge 150/nvidia 5500/p4 1.8ghz system. Very odd as the recording service was started, there was plenty of disk space and this had never happened before. The system had been working flawlessly.

I don't know where to go with this. The logs show nothing unusual & everything seems to be ok. I just scheduled another recording without restarting the recording service as a test and it worked fine.

Any idea what's going on, what to check, how to figure this out?

Thanks,
    -pc

sorry for the double post.

Would you know if you had a power cut through the night?

If you had the comp set to 'power on' automatically when it gets AC power it would reboot when the power comes back up.

The computer would power on automatically if there was a power outage, but gbpvr is not set to autostart when the computer starts up.

Everything was loaded and working this morning, so there was no power outage.
    -pc

Was GBPVR in Live TV mode when you went to bed? There seems to be an issue with the 97.x versions where if it is in Live TV mode, sometimes it can't kick out to start a recording and it will fail. Sub is aware of the issue and if I remember correctly it is related to moving to .Net 2.0.

Brian

Yes, it was in LiveTV mode.

Is there any work around?

Thanks,
    -pc

Beyond not being in Live TV mode, obviously.
    -pc

Quote Originally Posted by pcady
    Yes, it was in LiveTV mode.

Is there any work around?

Thanks,
    -pc
    Yeah, there was a patch posted somewhere here recently. Cant remember where exactly.

Sub,

The patch that was posted, is that an individual patch for that problem only or does it include all previously fixed issues as well? I copied over the patch for the guide delay that you posted, but I don't want to break that by copying over this patch. Thanks.

Brian

It addressed that specific issue, but did include a few other fixes that had been posted previously that just happened to be in the same file.