Thread: TV-out resolution too big

TV-out resolution too big

Hi,
    I use tv-out (svideo) on my Radeon X600 to transfer the pc-picture to the tv set.
    When I watch video (Live tv or Recordings) there is no problem. But when I watch the GB-PVR main window and the Windows desktop, then the picture resolution is too big to fit on the tv. The tv-resolution is automatically set to 1024x768 which is too big. And I can only change it by changing the pc-monitor-resolution. But this I don't like to change because I use 1280x1024, which is the best for my LCD-pc-monitor.
    It seems that when monitor resolution is set to 1280x1024 then tv-resoltion is automatically set to 1024x768. Is there a way to change the tv-resolution without changing the monitor-resolution?
    I hope I have explained it an understandable manner! English is not my native language.

I think you should use the setting: "show on second monitor" it's on the first tab of the config, I think you have to deselect "windowed mode". You might have to enable the second screen in "windows desktop settings" first and in your videocard settings probably.
    Then you can enter different resolutions for both screens.
    AMD Athlon 64 3000, HDD: 80, 120, 200 GB, Hauppauge 350 + 150, MVP, Asus 6000L Laptop client, Asus X50sl client,
    Fritz!box 7140 modem/router, GBPVR 1.3.7.

Thank you for your quick reply.
    That did the trick. Now it works perfectly!