Thread: MPEG4 Decoder for BBC Freeview HD

Question MPEG4 Decoder for BBC Freeview HD

The BBC are trialing the Freeview HD service in London (BBC HD1, Ch.31). I can get the audio but the video is MPEG4.

I currently use the Cyberlink muxer but that's MPEG2. Does anyone know of an MPEG4 muxer I could use with GB-PVR?

--awhb

The BBC are trialing the Freeview HD service in London (BBC HD1, Ch.31). I can get the audio but the video is MPEG4.
    If you're lucky, you might be able to scan and find these MPEG4 channels, and possibly watch them in live tv. I only know of one other user that has tried it, but he didnt have much luck - so dont get your hopes up too high.

It uses the same media types as the Haali Media Splitter for H264, so should connect to quite a few H264 decoders... MainConcept H.264/AVC Decoder, ffdshow, CoreAVC, etc. It wont connect with the Cyberlink H.264 decoder.

I currently use the Cyberlink muxer but that's MPEG2. Does anyone know of an MPEG4 muxer I could use with GB-PVR?
    Unfortunately it doesnt matter which mux filter you use - you wont be able to record. I'll still need to do quite a bit of work on that front to enable this.

Quote Originally Posted by sub
    Unfortunately it doesnt matter which mux filter you use - you wont be able to record. I'll still need to do quite a bit of work on that front to enable this.
    Time to start shooting some donations subs way me thinks.
    Dell Inspiron E1505
    Intel Core Duo T2400 (1.8Ghz x2)
    1GB RAM
    120GB Hard Drive
    GeForce Go 7300
    Windows XP Home