Thread: EPG Mixed up channels after update

EPG Mixed up channels after update

Hey Sub,

sorry for adding another workitem to the list for the new .Net 2.0 Version....
    I got following problem.

Every day after automatic EPG update, my channels are mixed up in the TV Guide and the Sources aren't correct any more.
    What I found out:
    In the EPG Channel Source mapping in the Recording Source I have doubled entries. Looks like new channels were added with the same name and with continuing sequential source channel numbers.
    I'm using xmltv data source (nothing was changed in there, so the error has to be anywhere in gb-pvr) with complete reload of EPG data.
    I haven't tried it without complete reload yet. But I will come back to as soon I tried it out.

Cheers,
    Tommi
    AMD Athlon XP 2800, nVidia GeForce FX5200 ->TV-OUT, Hauppage WinTV-PVR350, 1GB RAM, 240GB HDD, WinX Pro SP2

Open config and “edit” your recording source.
    Empty the epg & remove all the channels in the list, then OK all the way out of config.
    Then update your epg normally. If you didn’t had a lineup change, and don’t have recordings pending on channels that no longer exist, you should be ok.
    HP e9240f| Phenom II X4-945| Radeon HD4650 1-gig | 8 gig ram | Blu-Ray
    Windows 7 64bit | 1TB system | 1.5TB Recordings | 3-TB Library
    HDMI >> Sony 40" 1080p LCD TV
    HVR-2250 | HVR-1290 | WinTV PVR USB2 | WinTV HD-PVR | GBPVR 1.4.7

Projects: I-xmltv (Unsupported at this time) |

I'm having the same problem. Emptying the EPG had no effect, the problem returned after the last update!

Sets of channels (net 2 version) self-adding to recording device setup every week

I now have over 500 channels which I manually have to uncheck in config both in the setup for the recording device and the favourite channels list

A new set all checked off (so I have to uncheck them in config) gets added roughly once a week!! Its driving my girlfriend nuts (she's threatening that with ongoing probs we should go back to normal TV! Crazy idea eh!)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Tim

Mine was doing some weird stuff as well, mostly channels out of order, I didn't notice any "doubled up" though. I logged into my zap2it account, unchecked all the crap channels I didn't want and resaved my lineup. By doing it this way, you don't download the data you don't want, so there is no need to "uncheck it" in the config. Plus it saves bandwidth on the zap2it servers... it is a free service after all.

After that, I went into the config, "emptied" the EPG and got back out. Re-opened config and then "updated" the EPG... no problems for over a week now and I am running with 13 days of data.

My GB-PVR Rig: GIGABYTE GA-MA78GM-US2H , AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400, 2 x 2gb PC6400 DDR2
    1 x HVR2250, HD Homerun PRIME, 1tb Western Digital, 750gb Western Digital, Antec NSK2400 Case, Logitech Harmony

Connected to: Full 1080 37" Vizio LCD
    Current Projects: Moving my config over to a new i3 based rig and a Radeon 6670.
    To Purchase: More drive space!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thawk
    I now have over 500 channels which I manually have to uncheck in config both in the setup for the recording device and the favourite channels list

A new set all checked off (so I have to uncheck them in config) gets added roughly once a week!! Its driving my girlfriend nuts (she's threatening that with ongoing probs we should go back to normal TV! Crazy idea eh!)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Tim
    There was a bug like this in v0.97.7 and v0.97.9, but fixed in v0.97.13. Which version are you running?

thanks - I didnt see it in the version history and have been away for a while

I have updated to the latest version and it should hoprefully be sorted!

Tim