Thread: Another 'object reference...' error message

Another 'object reference...' error message

Hey new user here, did a search on the error message 'object reference not set an instance of an object'. Seems to be a very common error and i tried a few things but still cant get rid of it. Any help with my log file would be greatly appreciated

Just a guess - it looks like you've set your capture card type wrong. Like maybe you've got a PVR250 configured as a PVR150?

Sorry should of mentioned i am actually using a pvr-150, any idea where I should be looking to set it up?

In the capture source setting.

Thanks that did it. Strange though, I ticked the box that says 'only show devices detected in this machine'. It then only gave me a choice between pvr-250 and pvr-350 even though I have a pvr-150 installed, i picked the pvr-250 and its working fine now

Also while I'm here whats best setting 'quality profile settings'?
    I just watching tv through cable.
    Thanks again

Just try and see what you like best, Quick record always uses the medium setting. good luck
    AMD Athlon 64 3000, HDD: 80, 120, 200 GB, Hauppauge 350 + 150, MVP, Asus 6000L Laptop client, Asus X50sl client,
    Fritz!box 7140 modem/router, GBPVR 1.3.7.

I had the same problem, try switching to "overlay manager" instead VMR 9 or 7
    that did the trick in my case.

I had the same message after upgrade as well... Interestingly, under 95.16, my configuration was set to VMR9 -- but when I upgraded to 97.07 the configuration was set to "VMR9 Custom Renderer" and I had the error. When I set it back to just VMR9, the problem went away. Trying "overlay manager" resulted in blank screen for me. Any idea what is different between the VMR9 and VMR9 Custom? << I bet Sub knows :-) >>

Any idea what is different between the VMR9 and VMR9 Custom? << I bet Sub knows :-) >>
    They similar. If VMR9 Custom works for you, it has a few small advantages (for example, being able to update OSD graphics when video is not playing). If it doesnt work for you, try standard VMR9.