Thread: Pinnacle PCTV 310e (USB) analog and digital

Unhappy Pinnacle PCTV 310e (USB) analog and digital

Is thehere anyone using this USB external device to watch tv?
    I cannot make it work with nothing but the Pinnacle Media center that is terribly heavy and has not been thought for a removable device like this USB2 one!

I searched the forum for "310e" but I found nothing... :-(

Thanx in advance,

FDPM

I think you're the first person to try this particular device. Assuming its got BDA drivers (like other Pinnacle devices) then it should work, but you'll need to add a section to the BDA.ini file with the appropriate names for your device.

To get the correct names, you can use GraphEdit (google for it). There was a post in the past with some screenshots showing exactly what names to use when you're in GraphEdit.

Ok, thank you for your reply. I Actually found this thread http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.p...=bda+graphedit and it seems I got the bda.ini right.
    I still have to understand which parameters I need to punt in the direct.ini in order to acquire also analog channel...

Thanx

Here is a working piece of bda.ini for the Pinnacle PCTV 310e for the community:

[Pinnacle PCTV 310e DVB-T]
    TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
    FILTER_TUNER=DTV-DVB USB Hybrid Digital
    FILTER_CAPTURE=DTV-DVB M9207 Digital Capture
    PIN_TUNER_IN=Input0
    PIN_TUNER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport
    PIN_CAPTURE_IN=MPEG2 Transport
    PIN_CAPTURE_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

Cheers,

FDPM

I still have to understand which parameters I need to punt in the direct.ini in order to acquire also analog channel...
    Unfortunately, I dont think you'll be able to get the analog side of this device to work. You might be able to get it working with this plugin: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=2753