Thread: Am I askin' for a headache?

Am I askin' for a headache?

I'm thinking about adding another Dish networks receiver box to the one I already have.

Here's the config I have now:
    Dedicated computer with two PVR150 cards. One of the cards connects to my Dish Network's STB. I have a USB-UIRT configured to change the channel on the Dish STB. The other PVR card is connected to an antenna in my attic. I would use that 2nd card to connect to another Dish Networks STB.

Can the USB-UIRT to change the channel on both boxes? I thought i heard this was doable, but I can't find the topic.

Thanks.
    MY PVR:
    Hardware: Silverstone LC13-E, Athlon II 250, Asrock 785GMH, 2GB Corsair RAM, 250GB WD HDD, 1TB WD Black, Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE tuner (s-video to Dish STB), HDHomeRun (ATSC x2), MCE2004 for Rx, USB-UIRT for Tx, Sony VL600 Remote, 36" Sony Wega HD CRT on DVI to embedded ATI HD4200.
    TV Service: Dish Network and Antenna Pics 'n Details

Well, at least you will have pain relief options.
    Learning new tricks!
    Visit Plain Jane's Collection

I use to use my system with Bell Express vue in Canada. I think they used toi use the same hardware as dish did. I was controlling 2 Bell receivers with a single USB-UIRT. Most of this hardware allows you to assign an address to your remote and receiver. Usually 1 to 15. This way, a "1" command for receiver 5 is ignored on receiver 6 for example. So in a sence, you're setting both receiver boxes up with different IR command sets. Your Dish manual should tell you how to change the address of the STB.
    WIN 7
    1 X PVR 250
    1 X PVR 500
    1 X HD-PVR
    2 X MVP
    2 X PCH A100

Thanks Lucas, I'll look for my Dish manual.
    MY PVR:
    Hardware: Silverstone LC13-E, Athlon II 250, Asrock 785GMH, 2GB Corsair RAM, 250GB WD HDD, 1TB WD Black, Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE tuner (s-video to Dish STB), HDHomeRun (ATSC x2), MCE2004 for Rx, USB-UIRT for Tx, Sony VL600 Remote, 36" Sony Wega HD CRT on DVI to embedded ATI HD4200.
    TV Service: Dish Network and Antenna Pics 'n Details