Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Pass

If you like, I can work up some SQL queries to add programs to the recording schedule. Your program can run these queries after an import to auto schedule some recordings. Write me if you are interested.

What are you saying you'd like GB-PVR to do?

Fire a SQL query on its database after updating the TV listings.

The SQL query will insert an entry in to the recording_schedule table for every new entry of your favorite TV show you just downloaded.

I have a SQL query right now that inserts every occurrance of a particular show into the recording_schedule table. In order to update it after I get new Zap2It listings, this is what I have to do:

Shut down gbpvrrecordingservice to unlock the database
    Load the database in Access
    Load the Query in Access
    Run the Query
    Close Access
    Restart gbpvrrecordingservice

It would be nice if gbpvr could fire this query (or another, more generic query) after it finishes getting updated listings instead of users having to do it manually.

Actually, now that I think about it, inserting into the recording_schedule table would be a temporary solution. If you wanted to auto record multiple shows, you would have to manually delete conflicting time slots. You also couldn't take into account priorities.

Hi dirtboy,

How would this differ from setting the Record Type to 'Record Season (all episodes on this channel)' within GBPVR? Would the idea be to record the same show irrespective of the channel it was on, otherwise it sounds like GBPVR already does what you are proposing, unless I've misunderstood.

Rob

Perhaps for a show that's not on the list but will be at some point?

"Record Season" is what I am trying to accomplish, although using the SQL insert, you could record all episodes of the show, regardless of channel. If you wanted to incorporate priorities or resolve conflicts, though, it would have to be done programmatically.

Is there a "Record Season" option now, or is it in the works? I don't seem to have that option.

When you select to record a programme, select 'record' not 'quick record', then in the window that appears, move up to the 'Record Type' and change it from default 'Record Once' to 'Record Season (all episodes on this channel)'. Change any other setting such as Quality, padding etc, select 'Record', and GBPVR will record all instances of the selected programme on that channel in the future.

Sounds like what you are trying to achieve.

Now it all makes sense. I had been using my mouse only on my computer, and clicking on those options does not change anything. I assumed they didn't change.

dirtboy, use the left and right cursor keys to change these.

Barry