Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hauppauge PVR 150 problems after channel 13

Smile Hauppauge PVR 150 problems after channel 13

I had been running GBPVR using my Hauppauge PVR 150 (Non-MCE) PCI card under Windows XP with no problems at all until about 3 months ago. I noticed that channels past 13 were completely fuzzy and not viewable. A few channels under 13 were this way also. I rebuilt my system and used the supplied drivers and GBPVR still had problems, as well as other types of PVR software. However, the WinTV 2000 software that comes with the PVR 150 works FINE. It shows all channels without any problems and records in good quality. I have used older drivers and the latest drivers for the PVR 150. I have taken off all splitters from my cable and still no reception past 13 under GBPVR, but it always works using the Hauppauge pvr WinTV software. Any settings I need to be adjusting? I am stumped and can't seem to find anyone else with my type of issues regarding this card and GBPVR in the forums or Google.
    Thanks, reyals

Hi Reyals,

What do you mean "fuzzy"?

I have a 350+150, and when the 150 records, it appears to record as if it is out of focus or something.

Is that what you see?

GGF
    AMD64 3000+, MSI-Neo4F, 1GB, 1.5TB WD-SATA, PVR350+150 34btn remote, ATI 2460HD TVOut, 1.4.7: VMR9fse, CS3 skin

Have the EXACT same problem. When I first got the 150 last November it worked flawlesly with GBPVR - in fact the reception under general cable was better than WinTV2000. Downloaded the latest version about a month ago - and noticed that when VIEWING not recording the channels don't seem to be tuning properly - lots of static - lines when in Live mode. WinTV is fine under all channels. The tuner seems to try to tune for a second and the image when changing channels seems fine then when it stops the image is pretty awful. When you hit the mid 60's things seem to clear up. Something changed when I went from the prior release to this version and it isn't for the better. Possibly a conflict with the PVR150's latest drivers or something with GBPVR's tuner - don't know. At this point its pretty unusable.
    Last edited by stim141; 2006-04-18 at 02:45 AM.

I dont think this could be caused by GB-PVR, but I wouldnt put it past the PVR150 drivers.

Can you post a screenshot or two so we know what exactly you're talking about?

Drivers were the problem for me...

Hi all,

Well, I downloaded the latest Hauppauge drivers for the 350 and for the 150.
    I used HCWCLEAR.EXE first, and installed the 350 drivers, then installed the 150 drivers and their updates.
    The driver numbers are 23070 for the 350, and 23348 for the 150. However, after installation I got the device manager and drivers to appear as in the images attached.

Right now, I have both devices working well (as far as I was able to verify) and producing the same quality picture for any single channel. I do have a couple of channels that give me bad quality compared to the way my TV sees them when tuning directly.

Here are the details of the files for the 350:
    Code:
     114756 hcwclear.exe
    1181834 pvr150250350_inf.zip
    2208377 pvr250_22_23070.exe
    I downloaded them from: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...vr250-350.html

For the 150:
    Code:
    1912049 pvr150_20_35_23348.zip
    2208374 pvr150_22_23257.exe
    Downloaded from: http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/suppo...rt_pvr150.html

GGF
    AMD64 3000+, MSI-Neo4F, 1GB, 1.5TB WD-SATA, PVR350+150 34btn remote, ATI 2460HD TVOut, 1.4.7: VMR9fse, CS3 skin

I'll post a couple of screenshots tonight from both WinTV and GBPVR.

Ok, heres a few shots the first channel1.jpg is under GBPVR - shows fuzzy channel, channel2.jpg is from channel3 and it looks good. Channel3.jpg is the same channel under WinTV2000 and its clear.

It looks like its not quite locked onto the frequency. This should all happen automatically behind the scenes in the driver.

The Hauppauge WinTV app isnt a good app to compare to since they dont use the standard Directshow API for tuning.

I'd focus on one specific channel. Maybe see if you can get the exact channel frequency from the Hauppauge app, and put that in the capture source settings instead of the channel number.

Ok, so its a Hauppauge driver issue which figures because I've updated the drivers several times since November. I'll try to rollback and confirm its the driver. This card has been problematic since day 1 with poor quality live and recorded and noone at Hauppauge seems to recognize that there is a problem. Tons of people have posted saturation/brightness problems on SHSPVR with no resolution from Hauppauge. I think there is a design issue with this card as people have great results with the 250 and 350. I've run the clear problem to completely clean out the system before installing a new driver so I don't think theres a conflict.

I have this EXACT problem. Was there ever a solution for it? I think Ive tried everything.