Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Network HD enclosures?

but surely you have explained to the wife that gbpvr is in no way a "hobby" but something that you have devoted hours of your personal time to, in order to improve the quality of life for both of you..........

That's the problem with boxes, they get noticed, whereas a 6800 ultra graphics card can be sneaked into a pc without anyone noticing.... :-)
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

Quote Originally Posted by gEd
    but surely you have explained to the wife that gbpvr is in no way a "hobby" but something that you have devoted hours of your personal time to, in order to improve the quality of life for both of you..........
    Oh, I have, but she's making me stop short of explaining it like a fetish or cult from now on

Maxtor makes a network drive solution - I've installed a few for small biz customers and it works great for them. I'm sure the prices will come down in the next 10 months or so.

Personally, I am in the camp of using a computer myself. My file server is on an Ubuntu box that is running some pretty old hardware and it never crashes.

http://www.maxstore.com/searchcat.asp?search_id=10

Thx for that, and there are plenty of NAS solutions like that I found...looking for a enclosure that would perform as well. Especially w/ drives around the house that I could put to use that way (assorted 80Gb).

I doubt that a NAS vendor is going to sell you an empty box for you to install you own disks into. Where are they going to make any margin?

would be good tho....
    Silverstone LC17 Case,
    ASUS P5Q, Intel E7200, 4GB RAM
    Blackgold DVB-T2, ATI 7750, Windows 7 64-bit
    SAF codec pack,Sony 40" Z5500

People sell NAS enclosures...scroll down to my 3rd post for links to two.