Thread: reoccuring recordings

reoccuring recordings

hi,

i know this sounds like a daft question as i've been using gbpvr for ages but i still have a problem with reoccuring recordings. if i select record whole season it goes into the list ok but for some reason always seems to miss the first episode. i tend not to use this feature as a result but i thought i'd try and get to the bottom of it.
    Anyone else had similar problems?

thanks
    hardrinseron

I've not seen this behaviour, or reports of it. To be extra sure, I've just now tried to reproduce this behaviour and its worked fine for me.

I assume you're running the most recent release?

Not sure if this helps any but I've noticed this when a program has already started, if I select a season record it won't record the in progress recording. Not sure if this si what you're seeing but may help.
    WIN 7
    1 X PVR 250
    1 X PVR 500
    1 X HD-PVR
    2 X MVP
    2 X PCH A100

Yeah, good point. That is the expected behaviour. It wont schedule a season recording for an episode of a show which starts anytime in the past. This is probably what the poster had noticed?

thanks for the info. that could be the answer. i think i did schedule it at the last minute.
    i'll test again anyway giving more time.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hardrinseron
    thanks for the info. that could be the answer. i think i did schedule it at the last minute.
    i'll test again anyway giving more time.

cheers
    So, if a show is already started, you'd need to do a single one-shot recording on the current program (equivalent to a quick-rec) and then setup your reoccurring job to get the subsequent episodes.
    Windows XP
    Athlon 64 3500+, 2GB
    nVidia 7300GT, PVR 250