Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TV Guide issue

Unhappy TV Guide issue

I'm getting an error when the TV guide is being updated from zap2it. The error displayed is : Failure in channelfactory::storechannels(): invalid argument. Looks like zap2it might have changed something???? Anyone else having this problem?

Seeing the same thing. Clearing the EPG results in the 2nd error message shown in the attached screenshots.

I just tried zap2it from here and it seems ok for me. Try editting config.xml to set <SaveZap2itXML>true</SaveZap2itXML>, then do the 'update epg' again and have a look if C:\zap2it.xml lists an error.

TV guide error

Sub,
    I made the change you suggested. It didn't seem to make a difference. I'm attaching the zap2it.xml file, I didn't see an error, but it is a big file to look at.
    I can't seem to upload the 1.4mb zip file to you

TV guide issue fixed

I had scheduled a manual record since the tv guide wasn't working. For some reason it didn't start. I decided to reboot the pc. The recording started (a half hour late). But on a good note... The zap2it listings worked fine after the reboot(updated the listing manually). I guess the computer needed a few mins rest. I think I'll start rebooting the computer weekly!

Rebooting didn't seem to help. I have attached the zap2it.xml but don't see an error, though the same error I captured in my earlier posting was still displayed to the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinTX
    Rebooting didn't seem to help. I have attached the zap2it.xml but don't see an error, though the same error I captured in my earlier posting was still displayed to the screen.
    You error is different. Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach you config.exe.log and I'll take a look.

You didnt copy gbpvr.mdb from a previous release into you current release did you?

I attached config.exe.log with the error.

I did have to restore a backup of gbpvr.mdb as a recent upgrade seemed to corrupt it. It has grown to 970MB, not sure if that's a typical size?

I did have to restore a backup of gbpvr.mdb as a recent upgrade seemed to corrupt it.
    You can only restore this file into the same version it came from or you end up with a broken database.

You can either:

a) uninstall, reinstall the old version, copy your old back, and try upgrading again, or

b) delete the gbpvr.mdb, letting GB-PVR recreate an empty one.

Is there any option to export and re-import the contents of the database since I am not sure what version created the original?