Thread: Filled up my HD

I left my computer on last night and was surprised this morning to find my HD completely full! I found a 20+ gigabyte file in my GBPVR recording directory which was obviously the cause, but the weird thing was that I did not have the GB-PVR application running. I did however find that the GBPVR RecordingService was still active.

Is it normal for GBPVR to "record" while GB-PVR isnt even running?

Thanks
    Jason
    HTPCSkins.com

No, this is not normal. I'll take look it I can see any situations where this can occur. Do you remember what might of happened at the start of this? ie watching livetv or recording a show?

I didnt notice anything out of the ordinary (error wise). I was just watching tv, no scheduled recordings or anything. And then when I went to bed I closed GBPVR and turned off my monitor. Woke up this morning and XMLTV had failed b/c of the lack of HD space LOL

I think it's because when you leave live tv on, gbpvr will record the channel you're on until it fills up your hard drive. I don't know why it's like that but I've learned not to stay on a channel too long. It keeps 3 files on your hard drive, each time you change the channel it overwrites the oldest one. Sub, how come this happens? Why does it record when you don't want it to?