would it be possible to have some sort of "Instant Manual Record from somewhere" button for the scenario Ichiu7 has outlined? I.e. you're watching something (not thru GBPVR) and want to record it quickly without going thru the schedule?
I might work something like:
1) Press the "instant record" button.
2) GBPVR starts recording from a config selected tuner + input (optional channel) combination.
Maybe you could get it to work like the "one touch record" feature you get on
some videos i.e. 1 press record 0.5 hour, 2 press record 1 hour, 3 press 1.5hours etc etc.
What do you think? Obviously it'd have to be a "manual record" because GBPVR has no way of knowing which channel the default input is on.
Another way it might work is:
1) Press the instant record button.
2) Prompt appears for channel.
3) Enter channel number (gbpvr channel that is)
4) GBPVR switches channel as appropriate & does lookup in schedule for correct duration etc.