Thread: WebAdmin streamed videos stops after 1 second

WebAdmin streamed videos stops after 1 second

Hi everyone,

First of all, sorry if the problem has already been discussed here but after having searched the forum, I didn't see someone having the issue I have.

I try to remotely watch recorded tv shows or divx videos thanks to the enhanced webadmin. I use VLC to watch the videos and it works for only 1 second, I mean I see only the first second of the video. The problem occurs on LAN and Internet tries and Avi or mpg, same issue. even if i let the video being dowload longer, the video don't go further.

Does anyone knows what could i do to make it works great ?

Thanks.

You're probably best to post this question in the enhanced web admin thread here: http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=2030

Thanks, sorry (again) for the misplaced post... Reposted on the good thread, you can delete this one.

Quote Originally Posted by libop
    Thanks, sorry (again) for the misplaced post... Reposted on the good thread, you can delete this one.
    I believe you only get the first bit of recorded show (i.e 1s) if you are attenpting to watch with VLC outside your local network i.e over the internet. This would be due to the limited bandwidth available over the internet.
    If you try watching on you own locl network whether it be wired 10baseT, 100baseT, or 80211b/g, the whole file plays fine.
    This is how it works for me anyway.

try orb--it works for me cause i have the same problem with vlc.
    If you want to know why nPVR is the bomb, ask my wife!

Quote Originally Posted by ydekmekji
    try orb--it works for me cause i have the same problem with vlc.
    I heard about Orb, but it does need to have a server part running on the pc which owns the videos and a client part running on the pc which wants to remotely reach the videos, doesn't it ? If yes, thank you for the suggestion but I'm not interested

I would love to be able to watch the videos directly over the internet without any more service running but GBPVRRecordingService and enhanced web admin.

then good luck
    If you want to know why nPVR is the bomb, ask my wife!