Thread: Problem changing quality settings - redux

Problem changing quality settings - redux

Hello from a GBPVR newbie. Running .94.13 on Win 2K Server using a Pinnacle PCTV Deluxe US2 2.0 device. Everything is working fine except the ability to change quality settings for a recording. No matter which setting I choose when setting up a recording (regardless of any changes I make in the "standard" settings) I get a recording of 6000 Kbps/2.5 gig an hour/720x480. Odd thing (to me is that any changes I make to audio settings bitrates show up in the recording) but the video bitrate is always the same.

I've searched around the forums and it seems that sub has that function working pretty well. I'm wondering if it might be a problem related directly to my Pinnacle Deluxe?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
    Littlalex
    Edit/Delete Message

Its possible you cant change the settings for this device with GB-PVR. The only reason this device works at all with GB-PVR, is because someone discovered it was similar enough to the Hauppauge devices so kind of worked for them. I dont personally own one, and know very little about them, and obviously havnt tested anything on it. Sorry.

Follow Up - quality settings problem PCTV Deluxe

Sub - Turns out that there is a TV viewing/recording app by Emuzed/Lumanate called Movie Mill. Whatever I set as the default settings for a/v bitrate, etc. in that proggie is what GBPVR uses to record in regardless of what settings I choose in GBPVR.

This is good, since I really only use two settings, one for everyday and one for archiving. This mostly resolves my problem with settings. I'm just curious though why this would work. D'ya think that the app talks directly to the driver and places the tuner in a certain "state"? This still works even after I close Movie Mill. Interesting.

Thanks for all the good work. I'll be making a donation soon (have to wait a bit as I live solely off a disability check.)

Cheers,
    Littlalex