Thread: can 35 and 45 button remotes both work?

can 35 and 45 button remotes both work?

Hi Gang. I've been using GBPVR traditionally with the 45 button remote that came with my haup 150 card. I've set the config app to use the 45 button remote.

I now have a mvp which came with a smaller 35 button remote. The 35 button remote doesn't seem to match up - for example - the record button doesn't start recording - but using the 45 button remote (aimed at the mvp) does start recording.

Is there a way to get both remotes to work - or do I have to stick with only one type?

Also - is the mvp with the 35 button remote "old?" It is version 3A, and I've seen higher verison numbers listed in these threads... So is it ok to keep this older hardware, or am I missing out on something?

I too....

.... would like an answer to this question.

I'll soon be getting a Hauppaugge tuner card which I think comes with a 45 key remote. Can I use the 45 instead of the 34?

I don't use a remote with my PVR cards -- just my MVPs. One MVP came with the 34-button remote and the other one came with the 45-button. I can use either one with either MVP without issue. I know that doesn't answer the original question, but the 45-button remote should work fine for you, Benz.

As to the 34-button remote being older hardware, that is true. However, the MVP is still a model 1000 -- the newer MVP's just came with the newer remote. There was a bit of a problem with an older revision MVP overheating, but I don't think there will be many of those left on the market.
    Chris
    GBPVR system info intentionally left blank because I'm personally
    insulted that you can't remember it from previous signatures.

Yes, you can use either remote.