Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WinTV-PVR 350 PVR250_22_22292 drivers

Hey guys... Just wanted you to know that I also had many of these problems discribed with my 350 as well. I had to restart the gbprv recording service to fix around every 3 to 4 shows to clear up the black screen problem (which of course messed up my current recording show)... Now I do have some very good new... In the latest pre-release, which sub has been kind enough to let me test, all my 350 problems were fixed. I didn't need to update any drivers or anything. It just started to work.. Old release = not working, new release = working. So hopefully there is some light at the end of the tunnel for some of you.

I was under the impression this wasn't a GB-PVR specific problem?? Ahh well, here's to hoping, but I've gotten my hopes up too many times now, I'll believe it when I see it.

A change in the next release *may* resolve some issues which resulted from me using the Hauppauge WinTV File Reader component in the previous releases. From the next release this component is no longer used, and will instead use a replacement I've developed myself. This change wasn't done to solve bugs, but if it does help remove some bug then its a bonus. Dont expect to much from this, then you wont be disappointed.

I was under the impression it was a driver problem myself. But I didn't change my system at all... just ran the upgrade and BOOM! It works!! I've had the problems since I started using GBPVR way back when. Prehaps GBpvrs not the problem but the solution to the old driver problem

Then again... It's might just be a fluke on my system

Either way I'm a happy camper

What is the task of the WinTV file reader component?

If it is to read data from the WinTV card and write it into a file, than replacing this component may solve my troubles with premature ends of recordings with my PVR-350 card!

If so, I am desperately waiting for the next release!

This component is responsible for reading the MPEG2 file, and passing the data to the PVR350 decoder.

Premature ending for recordings indicates the setup on your machine has a problem. Its usually due to an IRQ conlict, or one of the VIA chipset bugs. I suspect you also couldnt successfully preform these recording in WinTV2000.

Even if it doesn't solve the problem, we know you're trying to help us and we appreciate it,sub. Believe me, at this point I have no expectations of anything solving this problem, either on hauppauge's end or yours. Just one of those annoying things to have to put up with for not buying a Tivo or ReplayTV.

Looking forward to the turkey release

I have checked my system for IRQ conflicts - there are none.
    Maybe it's a VIA chipset problem (VIA K8T800) - I don't know.
    I haven't used WinTV2000 extensively, but I used WinTVCap previously and encountered identical problems.

As I mentioned already earlier, I am pretty sure (but I am still checking it) that the problems occur only in case I have enabled automatic standby. Therefore I asked you within another thread what method to inhibit automatic standby you used. My idea is that when you inhibit generating automatic standby requests of the OS, the problems with the driver (or chipset) are at least 'worked around'.

-tschoo

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]My idea is that when you inhibit generating automatic standby requests of the OS, the problems with the driver (or chipset) are at least 'worked around'.
    You change your standby settings in your windows control panel, Power Options

Unhappy

Like tschoo I am having the problem of recordings on my PVR 350 stopping early since I enabled automatic standby. There aren't any IRQ conflicts but I do have a VIA chipset (KT400). If it is one of the VIA chipset bugs can anyone suggest a fix/work round ?

Thanks