Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streamzap remote settings

Question Streamzap remote settings

In configuration of GBPVR under DVD Remote section, are there any suggestions on what settings work best with this remote?
    Some of the buttons don't work some do. Can't rewind a recorded video and when watching dvd's many of the controls don't work.

TIA

I was asking about the "Default" setting and the "Fix" buttons, if I was not clear. Will any of these affect the Streamzap remote? Has anyone tried them?

TIA

There is no built in support for the streamzap remote.

Your remote probably comes with a utility that can be used to configure mapping between remote buttons and keystrokes sent to applications. With these set appropriately, it can most likely be used to control GB-PVR, but you'll obviously need to set this up yourself.

Streamzap remote

The Streamzap application natively supports 100's of apps, one of which is GBPVR. From what I remember they work on the basis - a user requests support for an app, tells them the application name and keyboard commands to map and they add it to their list. I have a streamzap and noticed the lack of full GBPVR support after I'd brought it specifically for this task and guessed whoever submitted the request didn't give them a full list of buttons to implement. I should really have a crack at getting them to increase support but instead I just switched to Girder. Its a programmable remote package with support for the Streamzap (and many other remotes) where you program it and train it, its a little fiddly to get your head round at first and its even harder to implement support for more than one application but I got it working for the two main tasks my lounge pc serves - GBPVR and WinDVD so I'm happy enough.

Basically send an email to Streamzap asking what info they need to add additional button support for GBPVR and they'll probably do it.

Cheers
    Matt Beechey
    Intel i5-4440, 4096mb DDR3 Ram, Windows 7 Pro
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-T 500 (2 out of 4 of these I've bought works! Great QC Hauppauge!)
    1 x Hauppauge hvr-2200 and 1 x Hauppauge Colossus
    500gb Seagate for O/S
    2 x 500GB SATA3 WD Black in a Windows Stripe for recordings
    All hidden in the garage with an Intel i5 NUC and a logitech Harmony one remote in the lounge for playback.
    Panasonic 65" 2013 GT Series 3D plasma

----------------------------
    New Zealand - Go Crusaders!

Confused Streamzap User

I have been using streamzap for at least a year now with different apps and with GBPVR for the last couple of months (great program by the way).

If you use the latest version of streamzap drivers and configure it as a MCE remote then you will get control of most of the functions in GBPVR.

the only thing I have found not to work is the coloured keys, but I don't use the GBPVR music players, (looking forward to My Music 3) and so don't have any problems.

Hope this is of help

Pete

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Pretty much what I thought. I'll make sure it's configured as MCE. Check into mapping the keys manually too. All in all it works for the most part pretty well. Just a little lacking in some areas.

GBPVR is great even without a perfect remote. Thanks again.

Update on my install

Due to this discussion I have removed Girder and downloaded the latest driver/app from Streamzap and I have to say its working every bit as well as Girder was. Every button functions as it should and I'm not seeing any lag at all - The only thing I'm missing is I'd programmed Girder to set the Blue button to change Aspect Ratio but I can live with pushing this on the keyboard on the rare occaision we watch a Divx movie. I have to say I like this remote - its basic to look at but it works very well (range wise) and is confortable in the hand and the buttons are logical and easy to navigate. On the other side I have a lot of problems with the Hauppauge remote that came with my MVP, its nicer to look at and good buttons and range but I have a HELL of a time finding the buttons I want when its dark.... I thought it was just getting used to it but I just don't find it as intuative as my Streamzap.
    Matt Beechey
    Intel i5-4440, 4096mb DDR3 Ram, Windows 7 Pro
    2 x Hauppauge Nova-T 500 (2 out of 4 of these I've bought works! Great QC Hauppauge!)
    1 x Hauppauge hvr-2200 and 1 x Hauppauge Colossus
    500gb Seagate for O/S
    2 x 500GB SATA3 WD Black in a Windows Stripe for recordings
    All hidden in the garage with an Intel i5 NUC and a logitech Harmony one remote in the lounge for playback.
    Panasonic 65" 2013 GT Series 3D plasma

----------------------------
    New Zealand - Go Crusaders!

Setting it to MCE under GBPVR configuration gives me a little better performance. At least I can now skip backwords during video. Still can't rewind though. Not sure why my results are different then mobiusnz. I redownloaded/installed the drivers too. I'll just keep at it I guess. Thanks again.

Try configuring it use short skip instead of fastforward/rewind. This is what most people do.

I'll give it a try. Can't hurt. Right now it's not too bad, I have FF, Skip Forward and Skip back.