Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Detailed TV Guide

Detailed TV Guide

Hi everyone,

I do have a little problem : i can't have the detailed tv guide in GBPVR. I can have the name of the program but that's all, no more details. I runned xmltv with the "-slow" parameter and i have in my xml file a field like "<desc lang="fr">TV show details</desc>" but that doesn't not appear in the GBPVR tvguide for the corresponding tv show.

I run xmltv.exe with tv_grab_fr. I would like to have de detailed information in the GBPVR tv guide for each program I have.

Thanks for your help.

libop

i just tried importing a xmltv-file created with the tv_grab_fr grabber (just some random channels) and it worked fine...

can you post some <programme>-tags of the file?

what version of xmltv and gbpvr are you using (the last one does not really matter AFAK no part of the import xmltv-stuff has changed recently)?
    AMD 1600mHz, 512 M RAM, 20+160 GB drive, Hauppauge PVR-350 + PVR-150 + PVR-150MCE, Win XP Pro SP3, using software decoding.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

(The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

Quote Originally Posted by betlit
    i just tried importing a xmltv-file created with the tv_grab_fr grabber (just some random channels) and it worked fine...

can you post some <programme>-tags of the file?

what version of xmltv and gbpvr are you using (the last one does not really matter AFAK no part of the import xmltv-stuff has changed recently)?
    Of course I Can

Code:
    <programme start="20051101055000 +0100" stop="20051101062000 +0100" showview="2169642" channel="C1.telepoche.com" clumpidx="0/1">
      <title>Embarquement porte n°1</title> 
      <sub-title>Québec</sub-title> 
      <desc lang="fr">L'hiver est long et rude dans la capitale historique de la «Belle Province». Du coup, l'été, Québec se pare de jardins tous plus agréables les uns que les autres, comme pour se rattraper...</desc> 
      <category lang="fr">Série documentaire</category> 
      </programme>
    So the xmltv seems to work fine, but I can't display the <desc..>-tag content in GBPVR.

XMLTV v0.5.40
    GBPVR v0.94.13

Thank you for your help

libop

by 'working fine' i meant that i was able to import the file and actually saw the descriptions as expected.
    when importing what you posted the description was imported as well....
    AMD 1600mHz, 512 M RAM, 20+160 GB drive, Hauppauge PVR-350 + PVR-150 + PVR-150MCE, Win XP Pro SP3, using software decoding.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

That is weird...

With exactly the same file, here is what I've got :

Thank you again for your help

libop

tried it on sereral compys (xp and 2k)... worked everywhere for me.
    could you zip and post the whole file?

Once again, of course I can.

I really believe that xml_tv works fine, there obviously is something going wrong in my GBPVR configuration. Don't spend so much time on that problem unlesse you have an idea, it's nice of you to already have spent your time on it.

Thank you again.

What version does it say you're running on the from page of the config app?

Hi Sub,

As I said before, i'm using GBPVR v0.94.13

and just in case I'm using XML_TV v0.5.40.

Thx.

as you suspected: the file is correct... but there is not much to config in gbpvr regarding xmltv... just the path to the file.

sub: i don't think (and really hope not) the language of windows could be an issue here...?
    (i tried on german win2k and xp... worked fine).