Thread: Fast forwarding a movie causes a freeze

Hi,
    I have been using GB-PVR for around a week, and I have made a couple of recordings so far. Two of them are two rather long movies.

While viewing, if I press CTRL-RIGHT on the keyboard the skipping works correclty in movie 1, but doing the same in movie 2 causes a freeze and I have to force-quit the program.

The main difference between the two movies is that movie 2 contains commercials. When the OSD display is on for this movie, a short green segment appears in the pogress bar. This does not happen in movie 1.

I have a PVR 150 and I am (still) viewing through my PC monitor (with Overlay).

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you rename the comskip text file so that it doesn't find the file, does the problem go away? Does it do it every time?

Hello,
    I renamed the text file as you suggested, but the problem persists. And yes, it happens every time.

I solved the problem. Here's how: in the GB-PVR Config program, I changed the Audio Renderer setting from CyberLink to DirectSound. Now I am able to skip all those commercials!