PDA

View Full Version : No Live TV from MVP

vitesse67
2005-10-22, 12:30 PM
Hi, I am new to GB-PVR but what attracted me is the MVPserver.

I run a home file server / media recorder system which I access via XP remote desktop. I have installed GBPVR and got it working with my MVP to play music and video plus the TV listing - but I cannot get it to show Live TV. I take it that it should be able to? It works fine on the PC.

My set up is 3.2G Athlon 64 1Gb / 700Gb, Hauppauge Nova-T USB2 (also ATI AIW 8500DV but I have yet to even think about dual tuners!) running WinXP Pro.

Also has anyone tried GBPVR on WinXP 64bit?

Any help appreciated.

lseats
2005-10-22, 01:44 PM
Try setting your MVP live TV delay to 1500 in the playback tab in the config app.

bgowland
2005-10-22, 04:48 PM
I have installed GBPVR and got it working with my MVP to play music and video plus the TV listing...You don't mention if you have it recording successfully from the Nova-t. Live TV on the MVP requires an interim recording (temp. buffer file on HD) which the MVP plays back.

Are you able to make recordings?

vitesse67
2005-10-23, 02:42 PM
Tried again last night - even connected a monitor and keyboard up to the server ! Still no joy.

I have increased the delay to 1500/2000/2500/5000 but still nothing. It sits there blank for a while and then either restarts the MVP or returns to the main menu.

I also tried to record and this had a similar effect. But it looks like I also broke something. The record engine now crashes everytime I start (or restart it). Got it running after some trial and error and tried a couple of schedualed recordings. Both ended with 0Kb files :-( Can't get it to run again.

The record engine says it activly refused the connection.

I will try again tonight but it looks like I can't even record from the PC. I CAN view live TV okay on the PC, but no TV on the MVP, although it will play old mpeg files I recorded with showshifter or via my TiVo (networked - nice !)

Any help apreciated. Also is the main GBPVR site down or is it my company server filtering it out? (Yep working the weekend.....again)

bgowland
2005-10-23, 04:27 PM
So going back to the reason for my previous question - you have installed an MPEG2 mux filter and selected it on the Misc. tab of the Config app. right?

If you still have ShowShifter installed, try that one, otherwise many people find the Cyberlink mux. stable.

sub
2005-10-23, 04:46 PM
I also tried to record and this had a similar effect. But it looks like I also broke something. The record engine now crashes everytime I start (or restart it). Got it running after some trial and error and tried a couple of schedualed recordings. Both ended with 0Kb files :-( Can't get it to run again.
Reproduce the problem, then zip and attach your log files and I'll take a look.

Any help apreciated. Also is the main GBPVR site down or is it my company server filtering it out? (Yep working the weekend.....again)It was down a couple of days ago, but its been working yesterday and today.

vitesse67
2005-10-23, 08:00 PM
Okay, I'll double check my setting for the mux and let you know when I get back from a trip "up north" on Thr's.

Thanks for the help you guys.

vitesse67
2005-10-28, 03:53 PM
Back again.

Swapped to the SS mux and things are looking a bit better.

I now have live TV and it records okay.

All I have to do now is get a better signal for non-BBC channels ! (Stutters a bit)

Thanks for the help chaps