PDA

View Full Version : FFDShow and issues

Shannon
2005-10-20, 07:22 PM
The issue is Using FFDshow with GBPVR on the MVP. The AVI & DivX video plays too fast and is out of sync with the audio!

I'm sure there is a setting in FFDShow to fix this, but the thing might as well be in Hebrew!! It's full of options and acronyms that I'm not familiar with, and I can't seem to get it in sync with the audio. I couldn't find a relevant FFDShow forum to post this in, but -- well -- I am using GBPVR so I thought it was more relevant here....

I'd appreciate any good settings or configurations that you much more experienced folks might have to share :)

Thank you!!

Warmest regards,
Shannon

Jase
2005-10-20, 07:33 PM
What Type of divx/xvid are you trying to play. Is it an NTSC or PAL.

capone
2005-10-20, 07:44 PM
it may not be a ffdshow setting fix...it's an old/semi-common issue....just search here for "sync" for some leads

Shannon
2005-10-20, 09:16 PM
What Type of divx/xvid are you trying to play. Is it an NTSC or PAL. It's a NTSC Widescreen. I made a mistake before, it's an Xvid AVI file.

Thanks!

Shannon
2005-10-20, 09:47 PM
Well -- I did read lots of threads, but I didn't find any answers. Are you thinking of one in particular?

it may not be a ffdshow setting fix...it's an old/semi-common issue....just search here for "sync" for some leads

Benz
2005-10-21, 01:32 PM
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=7126

Shannon
2005-10-21, 05:23 PM
Thanks, but I've already been reading and posting in that thread and it's been no help so far.

Thanks though ...
Shannon

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=7126

Benz
2005-10-24, 12:53 PM
Thanks, but I've already been reading and posting in that thread and it's been no help so far.

Thanks though ...
Shannon

Did you try using AVISYNTH instead of FFDSHOW?

If so what results did you get?

Shannon
2005-10-24, 04:30 PM
Did you try using AVISYNTH instead of FFDSHOW?

If so what results did you get?

I didn't see that part of your message ("instead of") until just now. I did 'not', but I'll give it a try.

I've since uninstalled FFDShow, and installed the xvid codec and I'm using that right now. It's improved, but now the widescreen picture has moved up to the top of the screen (instead of in the middle) and the sound is only about 7 seconds behind the show instead of 30+.

I'll see if I can locate avisynth and give that the old college try.

Thanks for the suggestion!!