PDA

View Full Version : Best way to batch convert AVI's

igeorge
2005-10-17, 02:37 PM
Hi All

Can someone recommend an app that will allow batch conversion of an existing avi library. Also, I am presuming that a resize to 640x480 (PAL) would be the correct choice?

It seems to be a more foolproof way of having the MVP display correctly 100% of the time than on the fly, judging from the posts.

Thanks
Ian

LilY0da
2005-10-17, 03:56 PM
For PAL, I think it's 640*576. But I don't have a PAL MVP, so anyone feel free to confirm or correct me.

Also, if you just want to just resize, if I were you I'd give AVS a try. It's a lot easier to write a AVS script than reencode all files.

igeorge
2005-10-17, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the info, and the prompt response!

I had tried avisynth, but couldnt get it to work over the MVP, and had issues with the video archive. However, today I realised I had installed an older version of gbpvr and after installing the latest, voila...avs files appear and work perfectly.

I cant believe I battled for a week due to such a stupid error.

Cheers
Ian

igeorge
2005-10-17, 07:08 PM
Yoda,
is there a way of automatically applying the avs script to all avi's, or do you need to create a avs for each avi?

Thanks
Ian

LilY0da
2005-10-17, 09:01 PM
AFAIK, you need one AVS per AVI file.
HOWEVER, there is a small utility that can generate the AVS files for you, by taking one AVS as a template and a directory as the list of AVIs. It's called ScriptWriter.
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=98648