PDA

View Full Version : 009 release

colin
2004-01-11, 11:09 PM
Hey Sub,

results based on you changes:

- Fixed a bug with file starting with \ in m3u playlists
Never had this problem for some reason? Maybe depends on what patches, etc. is installed on your machine

- Ctrl-B (or blue remote button) toggles between icon and list view in the media libraries

Ctrl-B works, blue button does not.

- Added *.vob to the filter string of the video media.

Yip, this works. Generated a new dvd structure using TmpgEnc DVD author and GB-PVR plays it. Well lets face it, it is an mpeg2 of sorts:)

- Fixed the bug with playing music then playing a video. Caused white box with red cross to appear

Yip, fixed - thanks.

- Small correction to apifix.dll that may help livetv stability.

Live tv is getting better. Think we need to figure out a better debug method to help you narrow down the root of the problem.

All in all, a pretty stable release. Nice!

Colin.

colin
2004-01-11, 11:31 PM
Might have spoke too soon about live TV.

It does not suffer from the 10 sec play, then return back to the main menu.

But, if you try and change channel using the arrow buttons on keyboard/remote then the mini browser changes channel but live TV does not. It results in the white screen, red cross and a restart of GB-PVR is required.

The good news is a new live-tv?.mpg is created and if that is played then you can see that the backend is recording the channel i supposedly switched too. Looks like you need to check your code around the area of changing channel during live-tv in how the the channel is displayed.

Cheers,
Colin.

bitter_old_man
2004-01-12, 12:17 AM
Trying live TV with 009, it still doesn't work, but now there is an unhandled exception (null pointer). This never happened in 008.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DirectShowHelperVMR9.getPlaybackPosition(DirectSho wHelperVMR9* )
at NativeUtilities.MediaHelper.getPlaybackPosition()
at b.c()
at b.a()
at b.g()
at x.b(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

This was with the system default decoder and VMR9.

Barry

sub
2004-01-12, 01:07 AM
bitter_old_ma, did you set a preferred software decoder in the Config application? If so, what was it. If not, can you see if changing from the default stop the problem occurring?

sub
2004-01-12, 06:09 AM
Colin, I've finally found what was sometimes cause the same file to be played and I'm working through the required changes to fix the problem. This should really help the situation, particularly with Software Playback.

bitter_old_man
2004-01-12, 03:48 PM
Quote[/b] ]did you set a preferred software decoder in the Config application? If so, what was it. If not, can you see if changing from the default stop the problem occurring?
Sub, it appears to happen only with the Cyberlink decoder.

Also, I installed the Elecard decoder and I now have live TV.

Barry