PDA

View Full Version : Live TV on MediaMVP

lagrian
2004-02-08, 11:59 AM
Hi,

I am running into problems with live tv on the MediaMVP it works fine on the pc but when on the mvp live tv plays for about 5 seconds and stops whilst crashing the gbpvr mediamvp server. When I look on my pc the livetv mpeg has captured about 10 seconds of tv. I am using the direct recording option.

Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

shspvr
2004-02-08, 04:03 PM
I don't think you ever get in tell the MediaMVP codes support Live rewrite buffer

sub
2004-02-08, 04:14 PM
lagrian, when you say it crash the MVP server what error message is it giving you? It works here ok.

Can you try it, then email me you gbpvr.exe.log?

polsen
2004-02-08, 05:46 PM
Hi,

I am having the exact same problem. Tried both Direct Recording and WinTVCap. The recording service records about 10 seconds, but on the MediaMVP nothing shows (when using WinTVCap) or just one second of television (Direct Recording). After a few seconds the MediaMVP returns to the main menu, but the remote no longer works, and I have to close and restart the GB-PVR MediaMVP Server to get it working again.

I am having no problems recording shows, and I can even view a show time-shifted on the MediaMVP using Hauppauges server when GB-PVR Recording Service is recording it.

There is no GBPVR.exe.log. One is generated when executing GB-PVR, but not when executing GB-PVR MediaMVP Server.

Best regards

Peder

sub
2004-02-08, 05:59 PM
For a test try this - as soon as livetv shows up press pause. Wait about 15 seconds then press play. Does it still return to the menu?

Because of the way the MVP buffers some of the playback data before it is actually rendered, it may be thinking its reached the end of the file. If there is a decent delay between the playback and recording, the playback shouldn't encounter the end of the file.

Try the test and let me know how you get on. If this is the cause, I should be able to change a few things to get it to work reliably for you.

polsen
2004-02-08, 06:17 PM
sub, your suggestion worked.

/polsen

lagrian
2004-02-08, 06:40 PM
Hi Sub,

It gave no error message just blacked screened the only thing you can do is then turn the mvp off and on again but when it re-connects it won't respond, I get this too when at the end of any movie file.

However your test was tried and it seemed to do the job the first time round but now I can't even get it this to work. Seems to work intermittently.

One other little thing: One channel I was setting up for my partner is 'challenge?' because of the ? in the channel title I cannot add a logo for the channel as a filename cannot have this character in it, is there anyway round this ?

Do you still want to see the GBPVR.exe.log ?

Thanks for all your help.

sub
2004-02-09, 01:40 AM
lagrian, try the release in a couple of days to see if it fixes you problem.There as been quiet few changes to the MVP support (and going by your description, I dont really know what might be wrong).

I'll also have to come up with something for special characters in the channel name. I hadn't thought of that.

lagrian
2004-02-09, 08:54 AM
brilliant thanks for all your help http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif