PDA

View Full Version : problem adding svga or composite

Beowulf
2004-01-14, 06:23 PM
I added a compsite source, but I am clueless where I can find it in GBPVR?
The config screen at tab Capture sources it shows one entry with the Hauppauge PVR 350 and one entry with composite (using direct recording plugin, settings capture card #1, composite external tuner). It is to connect my digital cable TV decoderbox, using composite video in.
So, the tuner as well the composite use card#1. As I have only 1 card. :-)

Thanks in advance!

sub
2004-01-14, 06:29 PM
You should be able to add two capture sources, and set them up to use the same board but with a different input. Its worth noting, I've not added proper conflict resolution yet - so you'll need to be careful not to try and use these two sources at the same time.

Beowulf
2004-01-14, 10:06 PM
Yes, but where can I find the s-video or composite in GBPVR?
I see the xml Guide, not found there.
I do not see anything saying composite or svideo even when one has been defined as states in the start of the thread.
Where would it be listed normally?

sub
2004-01-14, 10:36 PM
When you're editing a Capture Source in the Config application, there is a "settings" button next to the Recording Source combo box. Pushing this button will either show you the options for the Direct Recording Source, or WinTVCap depending on which you have selected. Both of these let you select svideo or composite.

Beowulf
2004-01-15, 06:40 PM
Yep.
But I cannot find it in the normal GBPVR. No button marked composite etc.
Should it be in the TV guide?

sub
2004-01-15, 07:31 PM
The TV guide shows the combine list of channels from all sources. There is no button required to switch between sources. I might not be understanding your question correctly?

Beowulf
2004-01-16, 08:03 PM
Well. I discovered that you have to assign a channel number for the composite. Now only I am still wondering how I can record on that channel, since the digital TV does not have any XML data. So, I cannot click on the composite entry in the TV guide.

colin
2004-01-16, 08:10 PM
is it possible to setup a manual record on the composite channel?

Colin.

sub
2004-01-16, 08:40 PM
Yes - Colin is right. On the Recordings screen you'd be able to use the Manual Record button to schedule a manual recording on this channel. You'll be asked for things like start datetime/end time/channel etc.

Beowulf
2004-01-21, 04:25 PM
It would be nice to have the composite /svideo inputs also available on live-TV.
But the guide only allows moving to channels that has xmltv data.

sub
2004-01-21, 04:37 PM
You can add a channel in the Config application. Obviously it wont TV listings, but it'll then show up in the list of channels that can be recorded from or watched etc.