PDA

View Full Version : gbpvr in Europe with Hauppauge PCI-FM

Yehaw
2005-08-13, 12:38 AM
Hi!

I want to us gbpvr in Europe with a Hauppauge PCI-FM card which hasn't got an integrated MPEG Encoder. So I've installed the Software Encoder Plugin and set it up. But it looks like I have a tuner problem. I have imported the program guide over XMLTV and have assigned the channel numbers as they appear in K-TV. The Tuning Assistant doesn't work, it says something about a missing crossbar interface. FreqCopy also doesn't help. How can I set up the channels correctly?

Greetings
Yehaw

sub
2005-08-13, 12:43 AM
Sorry, I dont know anything about the software encoder plugin so cant really help you.

The Tuning Assistant doesn't work, it says something about a missing crossbar interface.
The tuning assistant doesnt work with the software encoder plugin, it only supports the MPEG2 cards that are natively supported by GB-PVR.

Yehaw
2005-08-13, 12:48 AM
So I have no chance to get my channel set up correctly with a non PVR card in Europe?

sub
2005-08-13, 01:41 AM
The tuning assistant doesnt actually do anything, or change any settings. Its not a required step when it comes to setting up GB-PVR. It just helps the user to see what channels are transmitted on which physical channel number. When someone uses it, they have to write down the channel numbers for each channel on a piece of paper and manually enter it into the config app.

You can get the channel numbers from other places. The utility that came with you card will probably tell you which cards are on which channels...Or even just trial and error.

Really though, if you want to use GB-PVR I suggest you ditch that card and get a supported card like the PVR150. If anything goes wrong with your PCI-FM, you're pretty much on your own. Sorry.