PDA

View Full Version : MVP Screen position doesn't adjust anything

txinga
2005-08-09, 01:02 PM
Hi,
Great product! I'm stuck on one thing though. The screen position is skewed to the right and a little too tall. I have downloaded and configured the MVP screen position plugin, removed the original listing in the config.xml file that was pointing to a MAC address I do not have. Verified that the MAC address is the one for my MVP and set the global settings to what would fit on my tv. There isn't any change to the display. I have zeroed out the offsets. I have also tried cycling the power on the MVP. Nothing, no change. Any ideas?
Thanks,
txinga

Ron22
2005-08-09, 09:23 PM
Hi,
Verified that the MAC address is the one for my MVP and set the global settings to what would fit on my tv. There isn't any change to the display. I have zeroed out the offsets. I have also tried cycling the power on the MVP. Nothing, no change. Any ideas?

You said you changed the global settings what about the one for your MAC address?
Ron

txinga
2005-08-09, 11:19 PM
"Verified that the MAC address is the one for my MVP and set the global settings to what would fit on my tv."

I changed both. MVP1 corresponds with my MAC address and I changed the global settings to match the settings for MVP1.

txinga
2005-08-16, 05:36 PM
Hmm... guess no one has a problem with MVP Screen Position?

LilY0da
2005-08-16, 09:31 PM
There's already a thread opened on what I think is the same pb...
http://forum.gbpvr.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7888

sub
2005-08-16, 09:36 PM
Unfortunately every TV is different...

I'm not familiar with the MVP Screen Position plugin thingy, but if you edit your config.xml and set the following, then you'll get the biggest screen GB-PVR is able produce with the MVP.

<MVPWidth>720</MVPWidth>
<MVPHeight>480</MVPHeight> (or 576 for PAL)
<MVPOffsetX>0</MVPOffsetX>
<MVPOffsetY>0</MVPOffsetY>

GB-PVR cant move outside of those bounds, but it can move further inside, so hopefully these values produce a picture that is at the edge of your screen or past the edge of your screen, which can be corrected.