PDA

View Full Version : XRecord? - recordings database issue

bellaero
2005-08-09, 01:02 AM
Building the PVR was an interesting winter project and it has worked great since then - well up to a couple of weeks ago ....

Using the XRecord plugin to select a recording to view, I get an error message "Error:Object reference not set to an instance of the object" on some recordings and another error message on others "Error:Method not found:System.String zapmetadata.Schedule.getRatingString()" This all sounds like a database issue but I'm at a loss to explain or fix. Pehaps I missed something in an upgrade or plugin install? Or something worse? Backup copies of the gbpvr.mdb database seem to exhibit the same problem.

GB-PVR v0.92.11 update did not resolve the problem - recordings were missing in the 'update" gbpvr.mdb - so I reverted back to the prior gbpvr.mdb

gbweb-enhanced.v24 - works fine

jorm
2005-08-09, 01:31 PM
try installing the latest xrecord. If you still get the method not found there must be a problem with the installer. In that case you can download zapinterface.dll from zaptools and toss it in gbpvr.

bellaero
2005-08-10, 03:11 AM
xrecord v33 has been applied - using ctrl-k inside xrecord reports version 1.02046.27394
I've tried a manual install as well as using the installer - same error messages.

I've also tried the zapinterface.dll in the xrecord.zip and in zaptools - same error messages.

BTW - I also get the object reference message if I use the Recordings plugin

I can record new shows with the same results ....

Any ideas?

jorm
2005-08-10, 10:16 AM
you are putting zapinterface in c:\progra~1\devnz\gbpvr?

bellaero
2005-08-10, 10:54 AM
yes - c:\progra~1\devnz\gbpvr
zapinterface.dll 36 KB 8/1/2005
I can successfully execute zapimport and update zapdb.mdb and zapdata.xml

jorm
2005-08-10, 02:35 PM
try this one

bellaero
2005-08-10, 10:37 PM
same behavior ......

bellaero
2005-08-10, 11:20 PM
jorm-

Can you tell me anything about the datafile where the recordings data are stored?

3 different plugins report the same object not found error - do all 3 use the zapinterface.dll file? xrecord - recordings - video library

If the data are stored in the gbpvr.mdb file, can it be fixed/edited? Can my old data merged into a known good datafile?

jasjol
2005-08-11, 09:08 AM
jorm-

Can you tell me anything about the datafile where the recordings data are stored?
If the data are stored in the gbpvr.mdb file, can it be fixed/edited? Can my old data merged into a known good datafile?

see this thread for info about Xrecords datafile filename.dat.
The dat is created when you to an export or archive in Xrecord:
http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=7567

jorm
2005-08-11, 10:34 AM
the tools that use that dll are guide2j, fastfind, xrecord, zaptools, and the next version of the web interface. Recordings and video library do not.

The dll is just plain text, you can extract it from a database, maybe even a partially corrupted one.

It does not make sense that with the new dll you are still having "Error:Method not found:System.String zapmetadata.Schedule.getRatingString()" as long as it is in the right directory it should work.

bellaero
2005-08-11, 10:49 AM
The "method not found" errors are gone - but I still have the object reference errors - "Object reference not set to an instance of the object" when using the xrecord, recordings and video library plugins. Sorry for the confusion.

bellaero
2005-08-11, 11:04 AM
I can run a zapimport and use FastFind to schedule a recording - I can add and delete posters in xrecord - Just can't view the recordings.

jorm
2005-08-11, 12:04 PM
if you delete the zapdb.mdb xrecord might not try to get the zap info. A temporary solution

jorm
2005-08-11, 12:05 PM
can you do me a favor open up a dos window

go to c:\progra~1\devnz\gbpvr
dir /s >> list

and email the list to jared_dubin at hotmail.com