PDA

View Full Version : Crashes playing mpeg or live tv

Scriber
2004-01-18, 04:11 PM
When viewing a recorded mpeg or live TV the 350 display hangs and the app crashes within 2 -3 sec of starting a recording or live TV (navigating, using the program guide, playing music etc arefine). *When it hangs, the TV display is frozen and I am getting a succession of error messages (10??) on the PC (I saved screenies of the messages) on the PC monitor. *At that point I have to kill the app via task manager and the 350's frozen display stays until I reboot. *I then get an error message on the app's window on the PC and get an .Net error message (C&P below).

If I can provide further info (like the screenies of the error messages) or anything else let me know.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: image
* at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromImage(Image image)
* at x.c()
* at x.a(String A_0)
* at x.a(Message& A_0)
* at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (Message& m)
* at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(M essage& m)
* at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
* *Assembly Version: 1.0.5000.0
* *Win32 Version: 1.1.4322.573
* *CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
GBPVR
* *Assembly Version: 1.0.1472.13863
* *Win32 Version: 1.0.1472.13863
* *CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/devnz/GBPVR/GBPVR.exe
System.Windows.Forms
* *CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.windows.forms/1.0.5000.0b77a5c561934e089/system.dll
System.Drawing
* *CodeBase: file:///c:/windows/assembly/gac/system.drawing/1.0.5000.0b77a5c561934e089/system.xml.dll

AndyCherry
2004-01-18, 07:43 PM
Live TV still needs a bit of work, but I've never seen the issue with recorded mpegs before... which decoder are you using? Does the file play okay in Windows Media Player?

Cheers,
Andy

Scriber
2004-01-18, 09:49 PM
No playback issues in WMP, BTV, nor WinTV (PC or 350 output).

As to the decoder, I'm using the 350 tv-out so there is no SW decoder used. *I did try using a SW decoder (Hauppauge's, system default, nvdvd) using the PC display and I get the same issue. *Strangely, if I use VMR7 or VMR9 the video on the PC will not even load I get an error message that the specifed module cannot be found followed by a message that Renderfile to VMR7 (or VMR9) failed. *Using Overlay Manager it does work on the PC periodically. *The hang is always w/in the first couple of secs; once past playback is fine. *

FWIW, from what little I understand the error messages that apear on the PC when using 350 tv out relate to problems with the OSD. *I wonder if the hang at the start is at the point when the OSD playback controls are supposed to appear...?

sub
2004-01-18, 10:21 PM
Try playback using Overlay, but uncheck the 'resume checking' option.

Scriber
2004-01-18, 11:45 PM
Tried as Sub suggested (using Overlay and turned-off "prompt for resume" option) for PC display and no problems!!! but for 350 output its same error -- playback stops at 2 - 4 sec (btw, the OSD controls are still there http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif) -- but the app itself does not crash anymore. I cannot restart or play another recording but I can continue to use (navigate, music) the app. I'll send the log.