PDA

View Full Version : Several 0.14 problems

bitter_old_man
2004-03-15, 03:57 PM
Sub,

Changing channels using the numeric keypad still doesn't work.

With the Intervideo/Hauppauge decoder and VMR7, if closed captioning is not selected, live TV gives a picture for a fraction of a second, then goes completely black. The live TV MPEG file is OK, just the display gets messed up. VMR9 works as it should.

Closed captioning doesn't work. I'm using the Intervideo / Hauppauge decoder, I've tried VMR7 and VMR9 with no success. I built a graph to play the live TV MPEG files, and there is no closed captioning in them. If I use GBPVR to play back a file that I know has captions, they are displayed, so the problem is that the captions are not being saved in the MPEG files.

And after I've run GBPVR, the first time I run WinTV2000, closed captioning doesn't work in it. If I close WinTV2000 down and then run it again, closed captioning works.

Thanks,

Barry

sub
2004-03-15, 04:11 PM
I didn't try to fix the numeric keypad. Its on the list, but I considered there was a reasonable work around http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif (Can you tell I never use the numeric keypad?)

I'll take a look at the VMR7 problem.

I can only confirm closed captions during playback. We dont have closed captions here so I have no mechanism to test them, other than playing the sample file you email. That said, I assumed you recorded this file via WinTVCap, so should work with WinTVCap plugin if you configure it to record closed caption information. If you're using Direct Recording, you may also find that adding a "OutputType = 10" to the appropriate recording quality setting may also force the captioning to be recorded.

I havn't seen the WinTV2000 problem you describe, but I'll take a look.

bitter_old_man
2004-03-16, 05:12 PM
Quote[/b] ]Can you tell I never use the numeric keypad?
I had guessed that. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif I use it often, as you may have guessed.

Quote[/b] ]If you're using Direct Recording, you may also find that adding a "OutputType = 10" to the appropriate recording quality setting may also force the captioning to be recorded.
Thanks! That fixed it. My mother (who I sometimes record things for) thanks you too. It also fixed the VMR7 problem and the WinTV200 problem. If only all fixes were this easy. Thanks again, Sub.

Barry

sub
2004-03-16, 05:15 PM
No problem. Glad to be of service.