PDA

View Full Version : Video Archiver - Not Seeing Recordings

UncleJohnsBand
2005-06-14, 12:12 AM
Ok....I loaded the latest plugin and configured it, at least what I think needs configured.

I can see my Pending Recordings. I can not any of my already recorded shows.

I am sure I am doing something stupid but I am to stupid to figure out what. :eek:

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Jeff
2005-06-15, 03:38 AM
Well this is a rather embarrassing bug. When I added support for the “What’s new” show listing I broke the general display of non-archived recordings. I have just posted a fix to the wiki site.

Jeff

UncleJohnsBand
2005-06-15, 09:32 PM
Jeff....still not seeing anything with the new release....

My Basic Settings:

database path: c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr
Number of days after which....to the archive: 0
Archive Path: nothing
DVD Path: nothing
Video File extensions: mpg
Load all files and directories on intial startup: not checked

Jeff
2005-06-16, 02:41 AM
If you zip your gbpvr.exe.log file, config.xml, and the log files in the jeff directory and email them to me at jefflmailbox-gbpvr@yahoo.com I can take a look.

Jeff

UncleJohnsBand
2005-06-16, 03:34 AM
Just sent you the logs.

Thanks Jeff.

King Mob
2005-06-17, 05:10 PM
I'm having the same problem...any word on a resolution for this?

Jeff
2005-06-17, 05:43 PM
Yes, I have worked offline with UncleJohnsBand and have a fix. Basically what was happening was the Video Archiver plug-in does not look for recordings in the root GBPVR recordings directory; it always assumed that they were in sub directories under the recordings directory. This is what happens if you select the "Auto Create Folders on Recordings" option of the Misc tab in the config application.

I will post the update later today. A "simple" thing to do to get it to work right now would be for you to create subdirectories under the recordings directory and move the recordings into them. The Video Archiver plug-in captures show information independent of file location so you won't lose any information when you do this. Note that GBPVR in its database however saves show information based on absolute file location so you will loose the show information when viewed with the built-in recordings plug-in.

Jeff

King Mob
2005-06-17, 08:46 PM
Maybe I'm not having the same problem. All my recordings are in individual subdirectories in my recordings directory, but they're still not showing. When I go into VA, it only shows the movies I have in my archive directory. If I set my recordings directory as the primary location for archiving files (which is what I've been doing,as a crude workaround) it will properly display all the recordings subdirectories. And it will only show files in the primary archive location, and not my secondary location. I'm assuming that I need to point VA at my recordings directory somewhere, but I've scoured the plugin config and can't see where I messed up.

The plugin worked fine till I upgraded to GBPVR 0.92.11 and installed the newest version of VA. The directory names and locations are the same as they were from my previous GBPVR install.

Jeff
2005-06-17, 09:31 PM
Have you installed the latest version of the video archive plug-in from the wiki site. There was a bug (which I thought was the bug that UncleJohnsBand was having but his issue turned out to be differnt) in which the video archive plug-in was not looking at the recordings directory. I broke this when I added thw what's new functionality (which you can enable by selected the "Display What's New List Entry" on the Display tab of the plug-in configuration settings).

If you email me your cong.xml file and the log files from your jeff directory I can take a look.

Jeff

King Mob
2005-06-17, 11:21 PM
I installed the newest version and the problem is gone. Many thanks!

Fulir
2005-06-20, 07:18 AM
Yes, I have worked offline with UncleJohnsBand and have a fix. .

I will post the update later today.

Jeff

I am waiting 4 this update too :)
Have I missed something ?
On wiki there is still old version, no fix mentioned :confused:

Jeff
2005-06-22, 05:09 AM
Now posted here (http://www.bladerhq.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/VideoArchiver).

Jeff