PDA

View Full Version : Mediacenter remote players

jsteele
2005-06-13, 05:04 PM
Has anyone used GBPVR in conjunction with any of the wireless remote players on the market such as the DLink DSM320, Linksys WMCE54AG or the Netgear MP115?

bgowland
2005-06-14, 02:25 AM
Not sure what you mean by 'in conjuction with'.

I have a NetGear MP101 (predecessor to the MP115 but music only) which I've owned for nearly a year now. The MP115 is just the same product with some bells'n'whistles as far as I can tell. These are UPnP devices and I think that is the same for the DLink and Linksys ones. I'm not sure how this applies to GB-PVR.

I do stream my music (using TwonkyVision) over a wireless network to my MP101 from the same PC that GB-PVR is running on if that's any help. :)

Cheers,
Brian

jsteele
2005-06-14, 02:39 AM
These things supposedly work with Microsoft's MediaCenter PC "automagically". I was wondering of they perform the same function as the MVP and if anyone had used one in conjunction with GBPVR

sub
2005-06-14, 02:53 AM
No, they dont function the same as an MVP.

With an MVP you see the full GB-PVR interface and can do pretty much everything you can normally do in GB-PVR.

With the DLink DSM320, and other media players you mention, you see its own proprietary user interface and file browing software. It just talks to some software on the PC that shares movies. Pretty primitive stuff really.

jsteele
2005-06-14, 03:42 AM
Thanks.