PDA

View Full Version : EPG Auto Update?

Jake
2004-02-26, 08:44 PM
I’m using XML Automate to grab TV Listings and I have the GBPVR v.13.
The only time my TV Guide updates the listings from my XML file is if I go into the configuration program and click the “Update EPG” button. Is this the only way to update the TV listings in GBPVR? Or is there some command I could add to the XML Automate bat file?

Thanks for any help on this.

sub
2004-02-26, 09:56 PM
It should happen at some time between 3am and 4am in the morning, but you can force an update manually if required. In the last I added a couple of optional command line arguments. -UpdateEPG which will force the EPG to be updated as GB-PVR starts, and -OnlyUpdateEPG which updates the EPG but never starts the GB-PVR gui.

Jake
2004-02-27, 03:00 AM
Quote[/b] (sub @ Feb. 26 2004,21:56)]It should happen at some time between 3am and 4am in the morning, but you can force an update manually if required. In the last I added a couple of optional command line arguments. -UpdateEPG which will force the EPG to be updated as GB-PVR starts, and -OnlyUpdateEPG which updates the EPG but never starts the GB-PVR gui.
Thank you very much, that is just what I was looking for.
Keep up the great work. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

staalep
2004-02-27, 02:05 PM
I want to download the XML file manually since XMLTV does not support Norway properly. Can you add a command line argument that forces gbpvr not to download at all? Or even better: Configuration possibilities inside the program.

If I download the file manually, will gbpvr process it properly?