PDA

View Full Version : XRecord and Guide2J - How to set range of channels to record

Richard
2005-05-17, 05:18 AM
I use Guide2J and XRecord to record shows.

Guide2J allows me to setup Guides with different channels included. However, when I use "All Channels" in the XRecord it does not limit the channels to the current Guide.

Is there a way to set a range of channels for XRecord to choose from when deciding whether to record a show? Or even better, be able to choose which guide in Guide2J to use.

If not, I would like to add this to the wish list.

jorm
2005-05-17, 12:40 PM
currently not through xrecord. Possibily directly in the priority recordings.xml. If it supports it I can modify xrecord to show the guides.

jrockintuitive
2005-05-17, 04:41 PM
Very interesting... King can you chime in on your thoughts.

KingArgyle
2005-05-18, 02:30 AM
Been a while since I looked at CDK Scheduler, it running so well on my system now that I take it for granted.

Right now there isn't anything in there that would allow for narrowing down a range of channels. Currently, CDK Scheduler doesn't support limiting by a range of channels to search for a show on. We could always extend CDK Scheduler to allow this, then it would be just a matter of getting Guide2J to let XRecord know what the channel range is.

Probably something like this for PriorityRecordings.xml:

<ChannelNumbers>
<Channel>1</Channel>
<Channel>44</Channel>
<Channel>100</Channel>
</ChannelNumbers>