PDA

View Full Version : Plugns and Skins

CodeMonkey
2004-04-08, 04:53 PM
I'm starting to look at enhancing the current weather plugin. I want to add buttons and screens for current condition, extended forecast, tomorrows forecast, radar, and todays forecast. I think I have a grip on how to code it up. But do all the skins have to be modified to add the new buttons?

sub
2004-04-08, 07:00 PM
Yes, because images etc can be different in each skin they all need to contain the images. A bit painfull I know...

Make sure you support the default blue skin as this is my main development skin and will always be complete. What you may want to do, is when loading images from the skin directory - if the file doesn't exist, load the file from the blue skin. That way at least it will still work, but the colors may be wrong etc. This is what mythtv does.

CodeMonkey
2004-04-08, 07:07 PM
That's a good idea.

gplasky
2004-04-08, 11:41 PM
And you can check out the new skin I did. It's on the "additional skins" link on the GB-PVR Home page. I call it "MCE like". It's my first shot so be kind and check it out. It also works great on the MVP too. http://gbpvr.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif

Gerry