PDA

View Full Version : MVP vs PC - opinions wanted

sleptoor
2005-05-10, 07:11 AM
I'm renovating my house and have tore down a ceiling. I was going to run SVIDEO, Composite Cables, and a remote cable from my PC in my office to my living room (about 17ft) but I've been thinking should I buy a MVP and just run a network cable? Whatcha think?? I think I'll run a network cable anyway just in case I do buy one.

sleptoor
2005-05-10, 07:13 AM
whoops wrong forum....should be in general ....opinions still wanted..feel free to move the thread if possible

Edwin10
2005-05-10, 09:44 AM
Sleptoor,
I have a Media MVP, but find the response a bit slow. Check out my thread http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=5987, where I describe an alternative to the Media MVP, and still have remote control around my house.

Ediwn

SimonP
2005-05-11, 02:32 AM
The big advantage of the MVP is that it outputs RGB direct to your TV so the picture quality is great.

There are one or two video cards that give a passable display on a TV but none come close to the MVP's output unless you're spending 1000's, maybe not even then.

Simon (Talking about the UK version, not sure about others)

sleptoor
2005-05-11, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the input. So i've decided after connecting a 25 foot S-video cable that the video quality is just too poor (my twelve foot was perfect quality just not long enough) and that the only way to go is a MVP. So off to buy a MVP I go. And I'll probably do an upgrade to XP Server 2003 as well.

Networker
2005-05-12, 02:38 AM
If you go S-Video or any LONG A/V cables, buy GOOD cables.. Not cheap ones.. Check out www.partexpress.com, that's where I get all my cables. They work great!

John