PDA

View Full Version : Language files

Senior47
2005-05-05, 09:39 AM
I’ve been looking through the Swedish and Danish language file and noticed they are a bit different, not holding the same information. Anyone know why? Are they just different program versions?
- If there is a Swedish and Danish language file, there have to be a Norwegian language file too ;)

Is there any language files for the other plugins, like “mymusic”, or isn’t it possible to translate these?

reven
2005-05-05, 09:50 AM
you can translate my vids/pics/music/programs, theres no complete list of things to translate in these plugins (ive posted listings before, but only as i went, nothing complete), just go over them and find the text you want to translate and that usually is what you use. eg "Main Menu" for main menu button etc.

im not sure which over plugins can be translated, im pretty sure the weather and shutdown can (ive worked on those in the past).

sub
2005-05-05, 05:11 PM
Are they just different program versions?
Probably. They're user maintained, and there is no master list of text to translate.

If you find some text missing, feel free to update the translation file, or to provide a Norwegian.

Senior47
2005-05-05, 09:23 PM
Funny, I can't start GBPVR if I translate this text:
<translate originalText="Record Every Saturday & Sunday" translatedText=" "/>
but it works okay with the previous text:
<translate originalText="Record Every Monday - Friday" translatedText=" "/>
Can't understand why..

MyMusic: Can't translate "View: List" ++ and "Sort by: Name"++ lines. Is it "View:List", "View: List", or "View:" + "List"?

Sorry if this have been a topic before..

sub
2005-05-05, 09:27 PM
Funny, I can't start GBPVR if I translate this text:
<translate originalText="Record Every Saturday & Sunday" translatedText=" "/>
but it works okay with the previous text:
<translate originalText="Record Every Monday - Friday" translatedText=" "/>
Can't understand why..

Thats be cause '&' character is not valid in the xml standard. Instead you have to replace it the "&amp;" escape sequence. For example:
<translate originalText="Record Every Saturday &amp; Sunday" translatedText="Spela in varje lördag &amp; söndag"/>

MyMusic: Can't translate "View: List" ++ and "Sort by: Name"++ lines. Is it "View:List", "View: List", or "View:" + "List"?
Reven would have to answer that one for you.

Senior47
2005-05-05, 09:41 PM
&amp; !!! Why didn't I think of that! Thanks!

I'll wait for Reven to pass by!)

reven
2005-05-06, 02:28 AM
im pretty sure its "View" and "List" and then "Big Icon" etc seperate, ill have a look at the code later to make sure (its been about 6months since i did it :))

reven
2005-05-06, 03:36 AM
ok these are the translations
"List" "Icons" "Big Icons" "Details" "Preview" "View: " "Sort by: " "Play DVD" "Cancel Copy" "Copy DVD" "My DVD" "File List" "Scan" "Actors" "Paused Movies" "Main Menu" "Cancel" "Ok" "DVD Genre"

you need a space after "Sort by:" and "View:".

there are more in there, like "please wait while downloading ... " etc, but those are the main ones.

Senior47
2005-05-08, 06:39 PM
Thanks Reven, got it working. Think I've got My Music almost complete, except for this one: "Current Playing Playlist". Is it possible to translate this one?

( Not sure about all the "DVD" stuff you wrote about, is this the plugin which comes with gbpvr? )

Need some help/hints - recordings: Seems like these can't be translated:
Under Ready: "Available" - "Group"
Video library: "Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"
FM Radio: "Freq:"
Recording conflict: "No Changes. Cancel my new recording request" and "Cancel:"

It a bit more work than I expected, seems to be some difference in spelling from one file to another and it's not always clear if there is a space or not, or if the : is in there or not.. A good challenge though..

reven
2005-05-08, 08:07 PM
the dvd stuff is for my videos.

and in the current version you cant translate "Current Playing Playlist", but in the next version ill allow you to translate it (renaming it to "Current Playlist" thou, it just sounds silly now).

Senior47
2005-05-08, 08:43 PM
in the current version you cant translate "Current Playing Playlist", but in the next version ill allow you to translate it (renaming it to "Current Playlist" thou, it just sounds silly now).

Thanks, that one out of the way!-) Wise decision, I would not say "silly" - but in my translation I've already used your next version ;)