PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong when adding a plugin?

davids1024
2005-05-04, 03:27 PM
I want to add the weather plug in. When I go to the plugin/configuration screen it is looking for a *.exe, I was expecting it would want a *.dll
Are there any good instructions on adding plugins?
Dave

bluesxman
2005-05-04, 03:32 PM
When you install a plugin, ie copy the dll to the plugins folder, it should automatically appear in the plugin tab of the config app.

What do you mean by "it is looking for a *.exe"?

dottore
2005-05-04, 03:40 PM
seems like you try to add a custom task instead of configuring the plugins....

davids1024
2005-05-04, 03:42 PM
Just for clarification, the Weather plugin has a dozen or so files including the dll, do all go into the main plugin folder, i.e, no sub directories??
And if I add additional plugins they all continue to go into the same directory along with any additional files that are in a zip file
Thanks,
Dave

betlit
2005-05-04, 04:00 PM
yes, all the plugins (dll-files) are in the same folder (\gbpvr\plugins).

take another look at the weather-plugin zip file: the files are zipped with path info.
most of the files go into the folder \gbpvr\media\WeatherIcons, other directories are \gbpvr\Plugins (the plugin dll), \gbpvr\skin\blue\weather (the skin.xml-file).

if your windows is in english and you have gbpvr installed in 'c:\program files\gbpvr\devnz\gbpvr' you can just extract the zipfile to c: using path info (e.g. with winzip) and all the files are in the correct location.

if your windows is in another language or the location of gbpvr is somewhere else, you can extract the zip file e.g. to \temp and copy the subfolders media, plugins and skin manually to your \gbpvr directory.

daniel/betlit

davids1024
2005-05-05, 04:19 PM
Thanks,
My problem was not realizing that many of the files went into different directories, now that i do it all works great
Dave