PDA

View Full Version : PIM Plugin Problem

joecru
2005-04-20, 04:05 PM
Hi, When i try to open the PIM plugin I get the message

Error:- com object with CISID {0006f03A-0000-0000 etc...........
is either not valid or not registered

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Best Regards
Joe :confused:

jorm
2005-04-20, 10:14 PM
what version of outlook do you have?

joecru
2005-04-21, 09:20 AM
Hi Jorm, thanks for the reply. The ver of Outlook is Ver 6

betlit
2005-04-21, 11:32 AM
err... version 6? sounds like you are using outlook EXPRESS... i may be mistaken, but i thought the PIM-plugin only works with the 'normal' outlook (which comes with office)...

daniel

jorm
2005-04-21, 01:14 PM
betlit is right. I did my testing on Outlook 2000.

joecru
2005-04-21, 05:15 PM
Hi Guys, thats right I am using Outlook Express 6 which comes with WinXP home edition
so I take it from your replys PIM not going to work

Remco
2005-04-21, 08:03 PM
Hi Guys, thats right I am using Outlook Express 6 which comes with WinXP home edition
so I take it from your replys PIM not going to work

Hi Joe,

If you want to read Email from a pop3-server; you can give my email-plugin a try. It's still in beta; but seems to work ok:

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=5256&page=1&pp=10

Remco

jorm
2005-04-21, 08:44 PM
I wonder if I can find a freeware pim that I could integrate with.

joecru
2005-04-21, 09:39 PM
Remco the Email plugin works great, but there was other options on jorm's PIM plugin that I was wanting to use ie:- contacts , notices etc .Can the both plugins be intergrated?

Remco
2005-04-22, 10:44 AM
Remco the Email plugin works great, but there was other options on jorm's PIM plugin that I was wanting to use ie:- contacts , notices etc .Can the both plugins be intergrated?

Don't know. If jorm wants to integrate my plugin; it's ok to me. My plugin was meant as a light-weight pop3-reader; so adding all those functionality would not fit in the structure of the plugin.

jorm
2005-04-22, 12:28 PM
I am consider something along those lines, but outlook has too many problems. Some people have outlook express others 2003 each with their own issues.

If I can find a freeware app it might be best. Then I might either use remco's plugin as a library (if he is ok with that). Maybe thunderbird if they have a C# interface.

SFX Group
2005-10-25, 04:45 PM
I cant find this on the WIKI site... is it on there?

What version of PIM are you on? DO you need outlook installed then? How does it intereact, does it just read? I thought you couldnt have to clients reading the same PST file??

Many Thanks
Ashley

jorm
2005-10-28, 11:34 AM
I never moved it from the old wiki. It iteracts with outlook. Outlook must me installed. There is a security feature of outlook 2003 that makes it difficult for the plugin to interact with outlook

jorm
2005-10-28, 11:34 AM
I dont read the pst file I interact via the com object.

SFX Group
2006-01-27, 11:01 AM
Hi, this seems to be in both Developers and here, COM, programming and MAPI, thats abit code and pray isnt it???

I do love this idea but i know how bad MAPI is at programming for. I understand Outlook 2002 SP2 also had the service pack to stop external items just interacting at will. Need to tell Outlook every time (bad idea).

I'll give this a WIZ with Outlook 2002 and see how i get on. I really do like this idea though and think its a very worth while time spent. Its more than handy, turns PVR into more than just "video".

SFX Group
2006-01-27, 04:09 PM
Hi

I'm a very easy to please as long as stuff works, i have to say 10/10 for this, installed and worked first time. Hasn’t crashed yet. Looks VERY NICE.

Ive managed to work out the "unsorted" items are those with no category (nice one).

You can do alot with this plugging, I will say its really worth it, things like sorting and viewing types, when items expire etc...

I installed Outlook 2002, i get the alert up on the desktop (as i am using it on an output (PVR350)) that makes me select "yes" for outlook to access email addresses.

While you was programming this i dont supposed you came across the method to set this in the registry to allow GBPVR (or what ever program / service you are using) to allow access permanently?

SFX Group
2006-01-27, 04:31 PM
I found a GREAT program that gets around that Security thing, instead of replacing DLL files as some say, there is a VERY small (AND FREE) program, sits in the tray, can set to start a logon, and suspend it when you need to that is DESIGNED to look for this specific box and clicks the "YES" button for you, its instant (almost never see the box).

It doesnt effect ANY other windows, just this one with this text.

ive enclosed it here, i am testing it now. Its v1.2 at the moment.

SFX Group
2006-08-29, 10:21 PM
Hi

Is there a new update to this for the post v0.97 GB PVR?