PDA

View Full Version : Musicbox4 system overflow exception

WileyCoyote12
2012-03-03, 07:55 AM
When playing an auto generated random playlist, if I skip to the next track or two, npvr freezes. It doesn't happen during normal play mode. I get this error in the logs:
Unexpected error: System.OverflowException: Overflow error along with an empty time count on the jukebox. Logs attached

Thank you!

mvallevand
2012-03-03, 01:30 PM
When playing an auto generated random playlist, if I skip to the next track or two, npvr freezes. It doesn't happen during normal play mode. I get this error in the logs:
Unexpected error: System.OverflowException: Overflow error along with an empty time count on the jukebox. Logs attached

Thank you!

It is definitely having problems with Nickelback - Next Contestant.mp3 (I'll try to hold off on the Nickelback bashing, even if it's such a Canadian thing to do) PM me and you can arrange to email me your musicbox.db3 file.

Martin

mvallevand
2012-03-04, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the database and sample file. The problem wasn't actually related to random play, UltraID3Lib the library MB4 uses for ID3 tag reading doesn't support ID3v2.4 tags and it doesn't return an error either. The attached patch (which is to Interfaces.dll, MB4 didn't change) should allow you to play your files. but you will need to nuke and rescan. Scanning might be slower too since there are no optimizations for the move to taglib-sharp for the v2.4.0 tags. It might find more art too.

And you will be able to listen to Chad again.

Martin

WileyCoyote12
2012-03-05, 12:45 AM
Thanks Martin, works like a charm now! I was wondering why it wasnt picking up the art.

Jaggy
2012-03-14, 03:01 AM
Off topic post deleted

Jaggy
2012-03-14, 05:43 AM
Off topic reply deleted.