PDA

View Full Version : Programs Plugin problem

McBainUK
2012-01-24, 04:53 AM
I'm trying to install the programs plugin and I can't seem to get it to install. I just recently upgraded to Nvpvr from gbpvr and I wanted to try installing a NES emulator. I tried unzipping Programs.zip into my data dir (c:\program files\all users\application data\nvrvr) but when I open nvpvr it's not on the list. I also went into settings and I can't find it in there anywhere either. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.
Done a quick test here using NextPVR 2.3.6 and all was ok. Best thing to do is zip and attach your NPVR.log file.

bgowland
2012-01-24, 06:01 AM
c:\program files\all users\application data\nvrvr
Perhaps C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR\Plugins?

McBainUK
2012-01-24, 06:22 AM
No, the zip contains plugin files and skin files so should be extracted to the root of data directory.

gh_speedyg
2012-01-25, 08:09 PM
Here's my log zipped. I am only using my pvr to stream files from my desktop to my tv at the moment so I don't have anything else set up (no pvr or anything else set up yet)

McBainUK
2012-01-26, 07:55 AM
That log has no activity in it.

Close NextPVR delete all the log files and then try and look for the Programs plugin in the settings and on the main menu. Zip and attach the log again.

gh_speedyg
2012-01-26, 01:11 PM
I restarted the htpc, deleted the log files, restarted again, chkd npvr and found no "programs" listed in my menu "but "demo 2" is there now (?) and
"programs" still isn't listed in my plugins list. Confused. Re-zipped log. here ya go.

Thanks
gh_speedyg

McBainUK
2012-01-26, 01:32 PM
Forgot to attach?

gh_speedyg
2012-01-26, 08:06 PM
oops. don't know why it didn't attach

Jaggy
2012-01-26, 08:29 PM
c:\program files\all users\application data\nvrvr

No, the zip contains plugin files and skin files so should be extracted to the root of data directory.

But the data directory isn't normally in c:\program files\ as bgowland said it's normally in C:\Documents and Settings\ for XP

gh_speedyg
2012-01-26, 08:42 PM
But the data directory isn't normally in c:\program files\ as bgowland said it's normally in C:\Documents and Settings\ for XP

The issue was that it shouldn't be put into "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR\Plugins" it should be put into the ROOT data directory "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR\"

Grampz
2012-01-27, 01:11 AM
Shouldn't these files be unzipped to the public data directory as suggested?

Not "All Users"!

gh_speedyg
2012-01-27, 02:26 AM
Wiki says "To install, extract the zip file into your NextPVR data directory." and according to the wiki is "Windows XP, Server 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR "

gh_speedyg
2012-01-28, 02:32 PM
Any ideas what the problem could be?

McBainUK
2012-01-28, 02:41 PM
I suspect the plugin files are not in the right place. There's no mention in the log file of the Programs plugin, or an attempt to load a plugin.

On Windows XP, I would expect the 2 files from Programs.zip to end up like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR\Plugins\ProgramsPlugin\ProgramsPlugin.dl l
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPVR\Skin\Default\ProgramsPlugin\skin.xml

Can you confirm the files are in the right place?

gh_speedyg
2012-01-28, 03:32 PM
They were NOT there. The wiki said "To install, extract the zip file into your NextPVR data directory." which is what I did. I had no idea I had to put each separate folder in to it's own subdir. It works now. Thanks for all the help. Sorry I'm an idiot.

mvallevand
2012-01-28, 04:24 PM
You probably didn't use the proper options to unzip and keep folder names.

Martin

McBainUK
2012-01-28, 04:24 PM
The Programs.zip downloaded from the wiki already has the folders in it. All zip programs I've seen handle this automatically so it's just a case of extracting to the data directory - the sub directories will be created automatically.

gh_speedyg
2012-01-28, 11:44 PM
When I unzipped it, it unzipped into its own folder, "Programs" so it didn't attempt to add itself to directories. I also had problems using FCE Ultra for NES roms but I found that Nestopia does everything that I need it to do and was much easier to set up. Thanks again for all of the help!