PDA

View Full Version : WebRadio

Jaggy
2012-01-10, 05:42 PM
I see that McBainUK has done some really nice work on this page on the wiki but I'm not totally sure all the information is 100% relevant to NextPVR (like the reference to batch files for example) & I'm also not sure the linked file is the latest version??

I am trying to get my clean install of NextPVR updated to the latest versions of all the plugins etc. that I use all the time & WebRadio is right up near the top of that list for me, can someone confirm that "v3.6 Updated 2011-04-08" that is on the wiki is the latest version?

I also will be using it on my NMT's but I don't think "Download:UbuRecordingServiceSetup.zip" as a separate file is is now required? (but it is a very long time ago (& the very first beta) that I got up & running on with my last clean install so I can't remember)

mvallevand
2012-01-10, 09:55 PM
Actually I think steeb did the work copying it from the GBPVR wiki. I hate to admit I don't know what the latest public version was, probably April is the latest. I keep it up-to-date for myself but I don't really distribute any of the small changes I make, the plugin wasn't popular enough to justify the effort. I did email you and ACTCMS a version that handles some images better in July.

The UbuService is still required for NMT playback of anything but mp3 streams.

Martin

Jaggy
2012-01-10, 10:28 PM
I'm not totally sure about the "wasn't popular" so much & seeing as you (with a bit of help from me) did all the work to produce it & as it works so bloody well, why not just update the wiki download file when you do an update for any of the others that use it??

Ahh yes I do have a July version sitting there (I didn't loose my downloads HDD when my old PC decided to finally die two days after the new one was up & running, just the "c:/" drive). What do I have to do to get the UbuService installed & what is needed to get the advanced stuff running?? (I can't remember at the moment :( )

BTW steeb started the wiki update ages & ages ago & never finished it & looking at the logs McBainUK did the bulk of it in November.

steeb
2012-01-10, 10:28 PM
Yup, Martin right I think on this.

I did the original wiki work as Web Radio was my most heavily used plugin with GB-PVR and was so excited when it came to NextPVR. As Martin has said for some reason the plugin really did not seem to be that popular.... I must be an old fogey, I like listening to the radio through my all in one Media solution.

I would have definitely consulted with Martin at the time and made sure that the latest version was what was referred to at the time I did the wiki page.

Unfortunately I have not had time to re-visit this page due to life getting in the way!

I know McBainUK has worked on it since.

It could definitely do with a little tweaking ;)

cheers

steeb

mvallevand
2012-01-10, 10:51 PM
I'm not totally sure about the "wasn't popular" so much & seeing as you (with a bit of help from me) did all the work to produce it & as it works so bloody well, why not just update the wiki download file when you do an update for any of the others that use it??

I probably updated it 20+ times last year, and it's not worth the effort doing it as I go. I will of course address problems others have as they arise.

The wiki is supposed to explain the install, I'll check.

Martin

steeb
2012-01-10, 11:13 PM
I've just had a look at the wiki page (http://www.gbpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Plugin.WebRadio)

some stuff was left by me as to complete and some stuff does appear to have broken since....

and of course since only a handful of us 'old web radio users' (or is that die hard fanatics) appear to have been using Web Radio for NextPVR.....

I'm on the wrong thread here but according to sub the take up on NextPVR has been very good and exactly as predicted. Alot of work has been done on plugins/skins etc. But this is quite an insular business doing this stuff.

The wiki on the other hand was always supposed to be a joint and full community effort and McBainUK has been working very hard to make it as it should be, without much input from me recently (as you know, a few probs!)

Now please don't mis-understand me, when I say joint effort, I don't mean Martin, Jaggy who do so much anyway, somehow we thought some 'new wiki blood' would come along to help out. There have been a few false starts but ultimately no takers :-( and I had no idea how much hard work a new baby was. I always imagined I would get my 1 hour a night to do my wiki stuff etc! How wrong I was :eek:

Sorry guys for hijacking the thread and talking wiki, but Jaggy did talk wiki on the WR thread ;)

cheers

steeb

mvallevand
2012-01-10, 11:21 PM
The wiki is supposed to explain the install, I'll check.

The Ubu service is still only on the old wiki I guess. http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/WebRadio run it's setup to install it.

For some extra streaming services like Live365, download the Add Ons and run that installer.

Martin.

steeb
2012-01-10, 11:26 PM
Martin,

is that the v of Ubu to d'load, if so I have 5 mins and will upload to NextPVr wiki to save having to go back to GB-PVR one....

steeb

mvallevand
2012-01-10, 11:33 PM
Yes that's still the one.

Martin

steeb
2012-01-10, 11:35 PM
I literally had only 5 mins so now Ubu Recording service as per v on GB-PVR wiki should now be on NextPVR wiki.

There is still much work to be done!

cheers Martin, for just extender support and great plugins. And Jaggy for bringing to my attention.

I think the WR page does need some work but honestly nothing I can commit to at the moment. I am covered in a layer of builder's dust. Already it has killed 2 of my PC's... arrggghhh :mad:

cheers all

steeb

McBainUK
2012-01-11, 05:15 AM
I am covered in a layer of builder's dust.
Baby went on the rampage? :D

Jaggy
2012-01-11, 06:06 PM
I probably updated it 20+ times last year, and it's not worth the effort doing it as I go. I will of course address problems others have as they arise.

I wasn't suggesting every time you did a small update (we all do that as we go along) just every now & then upload the updates to the wiki...... I will try to get the July version uploaded later today.

The Ubu service is still only on the old wiki I guess. http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/WebRadio run it's setup to install it.

Well I did that (with the version steeb uploaded yesterday) but I'm not sure if it worked or not as it kept looking for the GBPVR directory which this computer doesn't have & I can't see it in the services??

For some extra streaming services like Live365, download the Add Ons and run that installer. Martin.

Oops sorry I missed that one when I was looking. I'm all (well I think maybe all) up & running again now.

One thing I can definitely say is that wiki page needs a total rework for the NextPVR version of WebRadio!!

I think it should be split into the Shoutcast only basic install at the top (which is really easy to install & get up & running in minutes & better than the one sub supplied with GB-PVR). Then further down the add-on install & then below that the customising explanation & explanation of what each of the xml files etc. do.

When I get finished this totally maniac work phase (in about a month with any luck) & if it hasn't been done already I will have a go at completely re-writing that page.

Jaggy
2012-01-11, 09:20 PM
I'm all (well I think maybe all) up & running again now.

OK so I spoke toooooooooooo soon :o I'm not getting any art at all, log attached......

when I paste
http://images.google.com/images?q="Rod%20Stewart"+"Da%20Ya%20Think%20Im%20Sexy"
into my browser it finds art but in NextPVR it returns
2012-01-12 10:58:24.140 [ERROR][11] No regex match
2012-01-12 10:58:24.140 [INFO][11] Rod Stewart - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy

mvallevand
2012-01-11, 09:50 PM
I guess google changed something recently, that is why I don't upload changes unless some one posts information. I will see if I can resolve this.

Also, the Ubu service might still require a GBPVR folder, but I am not sure.

Martin

mvallevand
2012-01-12, 12:22 AM
Jaggy, I've uploaded a new version 3.7 that hopefully improves the art downloading from the web function. I let it play for about a 1/2 an hour and the art seemed to match.

Martin

Jaggy
2012-01-12, 02:36 AM
Thanks Martin, I will install it as soon as I get some free time (maybe a bit later today/tonight but more likely tomorrow morning) & I will report back after testing....

Jaggy
2012-01-12, 09:18 PM
Thanks again Martin, the art is working flawlessly again :)

mvallevand
2012-01-13, 03:52 AM
Thanks it's never flawless (it just matched a hockey whistle with celtic pipes on the station I am listening to now) but it still can be fun.

Martin

steeb
2012-01-13, 10:48 PM
Baby went on the rampage? :D

Yes! Ate her rice like a good girl, then got violent and grumpy, found my toolbox, downhill all the way from there :D

ThomasD
2012-04-02, 02:46 PM
I'd like to join you radio fanatics, but I'm a bit overwhelmed by the documentation, and I'm not too familiar with the streaming world.

I can listen to this URL in Media Player: http://sverigesradio.se/topsy/direkt/164.mp3. Is it possible to add it URL to WebRadio manually?

mikeh49
2012-04-02, 04:20 PM
Yes. I did it by editing the myradiostations.xml file in the Users\Public\Plugins\WebRadio folder. Insert the following into the file:

<Station>
<Type>Radio</Type>
<Title>Swedish Test</Title>
<Icon>
</Icon>
<Genre>
</Genre>
<Target>http://sverigesradio.se/topsy/direkt/164.mp3</Target>
<HomeURL>
</HomeURL>
<StreamType>mp3</StreamType>
<Country />
<State />
<City>
</City>
<CountryCode />
<BitRate>
</BitRate>
</Station>

This needs to be between the <Stations> and </Stations> tags.

You can see there are some other fields you can enter, I just did the basics and it seems to work.

Martin and Jaggy may have a better way when they check in.

mvallevand
2012-04-02, 10:41 PM
I think that mikeh49 has shown the best way to add an existing URL but there are also ways to add m3u lists and pls files, if you are more comfortable with those. You can also add this <Station> block to UserMenu.xml if it is something you play often.

Martin

ThomasD
2012-04-03, 07:33 AM
Thanks a bunch, I'll try it tonight.

ThomasD
2012-04-03, 04:57 PM
Works like a charm! I've been having antenna troubles, but now I don't :-)

BTW, is there any way to get rid of the SHOUTcast Top 500?

mikeh49
2012-04-03, 05:06 PM
Looks like you can delete items from the ShoutcastGenre.xml file to manage what you see in the Shoutcast sub-menu. If you look into the various xml files you can figure out the menu structure and customize as you wish.

IIRC, an earlier version of WebRadio included a GUI editor for this, but I don't know if it works with the latest versions. Hasn't been a big issue for me.

ThomasD
2012-04-03, 05:10 PM
I've had a look around the XML files, but what I really want to do is get rid of the whole Shoutcast menu item, leaving just my own stations. But maybe it's hardwired?

mikeh49
2012-04-03, 05:46 PM
Looks like the main menu is in radiostations.xml. You could try putting your station's xml section (what you put in myradiostations.xml) into this file. You can delete sections here to shorten the main menu. Or, put the block in usermenu.xml as Martin suggested; it would probably appear below My Radio Favourites. Usermenu.xml might be better in case of an update, the developers may not change usermenu, but might change radiostations. Just guessing.

ThomasD
2012-04-03, 06:15 PM
Hm, I haven't got a radiostations.xml, only MyRadioStations.xml, ShoutcastGBPVR.xml and UserMenu.xml.

Then again, I don't have a <WebRadio> entry in config.xml either. Maybe I need to fiddle with that?

mvallevand
2012-04-03, 09:39 PM
If you create a file called RadioStation.xml with nothing in it except

<Stations>
</Stations>

Your UserMenu.xml will be the only ones that shows up and as mikeh wrote, UserMenu.xml won't be overwritten during upgrades. Actually. RadioStations.xml is not part of the base install so it will only be overwritten if you run the advanced WebRadio install.

Martin

ThomasD
2012-04-04, 07:06 AM
I've tried to create both RadioStation.xml and RadioStations.xml, but Shoutcast still shows up. Should I install over with the advanced install, and what is that exactly?

mvallevand
2012-04-04, 12:02 PM
I forgot that the base install doesn't use WebRadio.xml, it was designed to look like GBPVR's Net Radio. The easiest thing to do would be to edit ShoutcastGBPVR.xml to look like the minimal RadioStations.xml I suggested above.

Martin

ThomasD
2012-04-04, 12:31 PM
Yup, that did the trick. Thanks.

chalkster99
2012-04-15, 01:57 AM
Im having issues with Webradio 3.7 piickng up my old GBPVR custom stations. The menu item comes up and I have copied my Net Radio folder containing .pls files to various locations adjacent to Webradio plugin , but still not recognised. There also seems to be no (obvious) reference to a location in the xlm's. Can anyone advise? Its definitely unable to locate something .. First message 'could not find c:\config.xml', which is s weird folder location for config.xml .

mvallevand
2012-04-15, 02:20 AM
That option was really meant for transition with NextPVR and GBPVR running together, and it is trying to find your GBPVR config.xml and likely failing. You can probably fake it by creating a registry key like this

HKLM\SOFTWARE\devnz\GBPVR InstallDir=location of any config.xml

That config.xml would just need

<settings>
<NetRadioDirectory>path to pls files</NetRadioDirectory>
</settings>

Martin

chalkster99
2012-04-16, 12:19 PM
That option was really meant for transition with NextPVR and GBPVR running together, and it is trying to find your GBPVR config.xml and likely failing. You can probably fake it by creating a registry key like this

HKLM\SOFTWARE\devnz\GBPVR InstallDir=location of any config.xml

Tried various permutations of this key / data combo and no bananas.. sorry Martin

That config.xml would just need

<settings>
<NetRadioDirectory>path to pls files</NetRadioDirectory>
</settings>

Martin
Works OK when put in root where it expects to see it.. Though the .pls files arent currently working - damn.. Might just be better to convert the whole lot (40 or so) to XML.

mvallevand
2012-04-16, 04:15 PM
Send your logs, and maybe one .pls and I will have a look. I might also update WebRadio to make this more configurable.

Martin

chalkster99
2012-04-17, 01:36 PM
Thanks Martin will get to it tomorrow hopefully.. Noticed that opening VLC through NPVR menus is much slower than native d/click of .pls to play the file.. Is this a buffering variation bt the two potentially ? Where is it adjustable ? I stream my stuff direct fm my ISP media servers so minimal buffering is required.

mvallevand
2012-04-17, 09:59 PM
Hard to say. Buffering requirements in WebRadio will depend on the contents of the pls file and the stream itself. mp3 streams are buffered to disk and played natively with NextPVR and 160k needs to be written before playback occurs, so I guess on low bit rate streams that could take a few seconds.

Martin

jksmurf
2012-07-22, 05:04 AM
Quick questiuon, was it established that UburecordingService still installs into a GBPVR folder?
Does Webradio still work on the NMT/PCH if that is the case i.e. Webradio and the GBPVR folder and the PCH all "talk" to each other?

k.

mvallevand
2012-07-22, 05:35 AM
Quick questiuon, was it established that UburecordingService still installs into a GBPVR folder?
Does Webradio still work on the NMT/PCH if that is the case i.e. Webradio and the GBPVR folder and the PCH all "talk" to each other?

k.

Web Radio doesn't install the UburecordingService and there is no NextPVR installer for it, but it will use the old version that get installed to the devnz\GBPVR\Plugins\UbuStream\UbuRecordingService folder if it is found. It probably needs the old registry setting for GBPVR The isnstaller is here http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/WebRadio?action=downloadman&upname=UbuRecordingServiceSetup.zip

Note that WebRadio doesn't need this service for mp3 streams are streamed to NMT on their own.

Martin

subi75
2012-09-12, 12:22 PM
Hello from a newbie to both NextPVR & WebRadio.

Im currently looking at installing NextPVR onto a Win7 x64 machine using an Ezcap tuner (model EzTV646) which is a DVB-T tuner with FM & DAB radio support.

The packaged PVR software that came with it (NewSoft's Presto! PVR) is a configuration limited PVR (I cannot modify the recording quality, etc) and so I'm looking around for alternatives, and came across NextPVR.

As I plan to perform both DVB-T viewing and recording, plus also listen to DAB radio, I noticed that NextPVR doesnt natively support DAB, but from looking at the plugins, I believe that the WebRadio plugin may do?? Are you able to confirm this for me if possible?

To get it to work, are there any other pre-requisites that I also need to install in addition to NextPVR & the WebRadio plugin?

Thanks in advance.

Wes.