PDA

View Full Version : RT_FilmFix v1.0 - temporary fix up for Radio Times XMLTV users

bgowland
2011-12-19, 07:48 PM
For the brave and the foolhardy (I make no judgement either way)...

NOTE: This is only of use to users of Alan Birtles XMLTV GUI program and will not work with the xmltv files of other grabbers.

BACKGROUND:

Radio Times have handed over the generation of their TV listings files to MetaBroadcast. One side-effect (possibly the only one so far) is that films are now categorised by genre (e.g., Comedy, Drama etc) rather than 'Film'.

This is a command-line utility which will process the XMLTV data file generated by Alan Birtles' XMLTV GUI utility to rewrite the <category> element to show as 'Film'. It will also rewrite the <title> category prefixing "Film:" if you have this setting enabled in your XMLTV GUI 'PrgDets' post-processer preferences.

USAGE:

Extract the RT_FilmFix .exe and .pdb files to a location of your choice. Extract the channels.dat file to the XMLTV GUI installation folder.

To run, use the following command-line...

RT_FilmFix <path-to-xmltv-gui-installation-folder> <path-to-default-or-alternate-configuration-folder>...surround the paths with quotes if there are spaces. You MAY optionally include a trailing '\' to the paths.

NOTE: For both parameters, specify the folder path ONLY. Don't supply the name of the XML data file in the second path. This behaviour has changed since the initial releases of this utility.

Examples...

Default installation location of XMLTV GUI with default configuration

Use the same path for both arguments...

RT_FilmFix "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI"

Default installation location of XMLTV GUI with alternate configuration

As above but provide the path to the alternate configuration folder as the second argument. NOTE - DO NOT supply the xmltv data filename - path to the folder ONLY.

RT_FilmFix "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\Test"

IMPORTANT:

This relies on you having the 'Use cache' setting enabled for XMLTV GUI as it requires the cache files to identify which programmes are films.

DISCLAIMER:This is a temporary fix and I give no guarantees and don't intend spending much more time on it. Error checking has been improved in this version but it may simply just drop out if there are problems. Let me know and I'll try to patch it up.

Cheers,
Brian

PS It does backup the original XMLTV file before attempting to modify it so all is not lost if it goes wrong. :)

garyeuph
2011-12-19, 08:34 PM
Sorry Brian, it still fails for me.

I now get the following error message - I can email you my xmltv file and XMLTV GUI cache (or anything else) if that would help.

Gary

C:\utils>RT_FilmFix "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI"
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Objec t xmlResolver)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.Exe cuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedSta ck compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at RT_FilmFix.Program.ProcessDataAndChannelsFiles() in C:\Documents and Settings\gbpvr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RT_FilmFix\Program.cs:line 112

bgowland
2011-12-19, 09:18 PM
Sorry Brian, it still fails for me.

I now get the following error message - I can email you my xmltv file and XMLTV GUI cache (or anything else) if that would help.

GaryHmmm, it's having trouble loading your XMLTV GUI data.xml (or whatever you've chosen to name it).

If you click on my username on this post do you get an option to send email? My address should be open to everyone. I'd need the xmltvgui.ini as well as the xmltv file and cache.

garyeuph
2011-12-19, 09:23 PM
No, it doesnt show your email or give me the option to send an email - just a pm

bgowland
2011-12-19, 09:28 PM
OK, I think the latest vBulletin software must have locked my profile down. I've PM'd you my email address.

garyeuph
2011-12-19, 09:32 PM
Great, sent you an email

bgowland
2011-12-19, 09:47 PM
From your post above you're running...
RT_FilmFix "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI"...can you confirm that the xmltvgui.ini file you sent me came from...
C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\settings?

garyeuph
2011-12-19, 09:49 PM
Yes, thats right

ACTCMS
2011-12-19, 09:51 PM
FYI - This version still works fine for me Brian...

Alex

bgowland
2011-12-19, 09:52 PM
@Gary - OK, thanks. It'll take me a short time but I'll recreate your folder structure and run this through. Back ASAP.

@Alex - thanks for confirming.

bgowland
2011-12-19, 10:38 PM
<insert-expletive-here> :(

@Gary - I've updated the download in post #1 - hopefully this will fix things.

Cheers,
Brian

garyeuph
2011-12-19, 10:58 PM
Brilliant - works perfectly

many thanks for doing this

Gary

bgowland
2011-12-19, 11:04 PM
Brilliant - works perfectly

many thanks for doing this

GaryExcellent! Thanks for letting me know.

The annoying thing was I had a version ready to upload earlier (as I was rewriting the thread info) which would have worked for you. Just before I uploaded, I noticed a trivial error which I tweaked (but didn't test). Sigh!

It worked for Alex bcause his data.xml is in the default folder where as yours is in C:\XMLTV - hopefully it's fixed for everyone now though.

Cheers,
Brian

ACTCMS
2011-12-20, 12:09 AM
It worked for Alex bcause his data.xml is in the default folder where as yours is in C:\XMLTV - hopefully it's fixed for everyone now though.

Cheers,
BrianGreat work Brian - now I can confidently plan my festive season viewing around watching the old boxed set standards like Porridge, Dwarf, Python, Great British Railway Journeys, etc in the sure and certain knowledge that there's b-all worth watching on Freeview... :D

Alex ;)

bgowland
2011-12-20, 12:38 AM
Great work Brian - now I can confidently plan my festive season viewing around watching the old boxed set standards like Porridge, Dwarf, Python, Great British Railway Journeys, etc in the sure and certain knowledge that there's b-all worth watching on Freeview... :D

Alex ;)Surely not Alex - what with a host of "Carry On...", "Star Trek..." and "Rocky..." movies for your tele-visual delight! :D

I have to agree though really - not a great selection of films this year on Freeview. I think I'll have to set up an alternative xmltv download to see what VM cable has to offer - if I can ever find time to watch any of it. :)

Cheers,
Brian

ACTCMS
2011-12-20, 12:46 AM
Surely not Alex - what with a host of "Carry On...", "Star Trek..." and "Rocky..." movies for your tele-visual delight! :D
I'm actually thinking about asking Santa for the Complete Sherlock Holmes boxed set for Christmas - that would be for next year's festive season viewing though - best to be prepared... eh?

Alex

martint123
2011-12-24, 08:19 PM
'fraid to say I'm getting the error below. I shifted the xmltv down to C: (was on E) but still the error.

C:\Documents and Settings\martin\Desktop\junk\film-fix>RT_FilmFix "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\data.xml"
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize
, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path)
at RT_FilmFix.Program.ProcessDataAndChannelsFiles() in C:\Documents and Settings\gbpvr\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RT_FilmFix\Pro
gram.cs:line 140

ACTCMS
2011-12-24, 10:02 PM
Maybe try
C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUIinstead of
C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\data.xmlsee first post in thread... it caught me out the first time too...

Alex

bgowland
2011-12-24, 10:12 PM
EDIT: LOL - what Alex said, I was too slow! :D

It tool me a while to spot it. Your command-line...

RT_FilmFix "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\data.xml"For the latest version, don't specify the XML data file, i.e., leave 'data.xml' off the end of the second parameter.

Just specify the path the the main or alternate XMLTV GUI settings folder, in you case above...
RT_FilmFix "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\"Sorry, I changed things slightly for this version. The first parameter is effectively the path to the XMLTV installation folder and the second is the path to find the main or alternative settings data folder - no need to specify the XML data file in the second parameter - it works it out from the xmltvgui.ini file.

Cheers,
Brian

martint123
2011-12-24, 10:22 PM
Ah - I have to use

RT_FilmFix "E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\settings"

to make it work.......... I should have read the thread a bit harder.
Thanks very much and Seasons greetings - are there any films left??

Martin

My new batch file

cmd /c "E:\program files\XMLTV GUI\XmltvGUI.exe" /csettings /grab /d7
cmd /c "E:\program files\XMLTV GUI\XmltvGUI.exe" /chdonly /grab /d7
"E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\Rt_FilmFix" "E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\settings"
"E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\Rt_FilmFix" "E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\hdonly"
copy "E:\program files\XMLTV GUI\*.xml" \\hp-1\temp

bgowland
2011-12-24, 10:30 PM
Ah - I have to use

RT_FilmFix "E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" "E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\settings"

to make it work..........Possibly not. The 'main' configuration is a special case and uses the '/settings' folder to store the xmltvgui.ini. Alternative configurations don't have a '/settings' folder and the ini is in the root of the alternative configurations' folder trees. The RT_FilmFix code works out which is which (i.e., if both command-line options are the same, it knows it's a 'main' configuration rather than alternative). Just try with both the same as Alex and I suggested - it should work.

Thanks very much and Seasons greetings - are there any films left??LOL - the irony of it all since I started the utility is I haven't set any films to record.

Cheers,
Brian

ACTCMS
2011-12-24, 10:38 PM
LOL - the irony of it all since I started the utility is I haven't set any films to record.

Cheers,
BrianAt least you are "not recording" anything from a position of knowledge and power:D

bgowland
2011-12-24, 10:49 PM
At least you are "not recording" anything from a position of knowledge and power:DVery true. I take some small comfort in that. :)

martint123
2011-12-25, 09:26 AM
Possibly not. The 'main' configuration is a special case and uses the '/settings' folder to store the xmltvgui.ini. Alternative configurations don't have a '/settings' folder and the ini is in the root of the alternative configurations' folder trees. The RT_FilmFix code works out which is which (i.e., if both command-line options are the same, it knows it's a 'main' configuration rather than alternative). Just try with both the same as Alex and I suggested - it should work.

LOL - the irony of it all since I started the utility is I haven't set any films to record.

Cheers,
Brian

Sorry, but I do seem to need the "settings" tagging on the end otherwise I get the error messages dumped out.
Never mind - it's working ;)

bgowland
2011-12-26, 06:05 AM
Sorry, but I do seem to need the "settings" tagging on the end otherwise I get the error messages dumped out.
Never mind - it's working ;)I had an ancient installation of XMLTV GUI and along the way a whole load of changes made to the software meant it was a bit of a muddle. When I was working on the current RT_FilmFix, I ripped it out and did a clean install so I could understand it better and my advice on the paths is based on my current setup. As long as you've got it working then that's great.

Cheers,
Brian

gEd
2012-01-07, 08:35 PM
I think I drank too much scotch on Christmas night but I have now installed and tested this useful utility ready for the movie bonanza for the rest of christmas and new year !

thanks for this Brian.

bgowland
2012-01-07, 09:36 PM
Oh dear - scotch!!! I like it so much I very rarely drink it. :D

Glad the fix is of use to you.

Cheers,
Brian

ChubbyArse
2012-01-08, 06:50 PM
Hi Brian - thanks for stepping in a solving this particular problem.

I'm also a C# developer and I wondered if you considered sharing your solution? I'd like to customise it a bit, to namely to add the "Film" category, rather than replace the existing category with it. I also would want to prefix the existing category with "Movie-" (so it becomes Movie-Drama for example), so I can configure BSEPG to recognise it and hopefully get my Movie Guide's Categories working once again.

Thanks,

Alex

bgowland
2012-01-08, 10:00 PM
Hi Alex,

I had already added code to simply add a new Film category rather than replace the existing. It's currently commented out in the method that processes the xmltv file and just needs adding back in and a command-line option.

VS2008 C# solution zipped and attached.

Cheers,
Brian

ChubbyArse
2012-01-09, 05:52 PM
Thanks for sharing Brian - If I add any more features, I'll make sure I share it back on here.

Much appreciated.

bgowland
2012-01-09, 09:22 PM
No problem, glad to help. Yes please do post an update if you add anything you feel may be of use to others.

Cheers,
Brian

liteswap
2012-01-26, 09:41 PM
Thanks Brian - great fix for an annoying problem.

bgowland
2012-01-27, 07:12 PM
Good to know it's of use. :)

Petrovski
2012-01-27, 08:36 PM
Yes it's useful - still no sign of an updated XMLTVGUI from AB.
A small improvement would be to support the prgdets "Add production date to title" which I always used to use but this breaks FilmFix.
Great as is though.

bgowland
2012-01-29, 12:05 AM
Yes it's useful - still no sign of an updated XMLTVGUI from AB.Perhaps Alan hasn't had the time to look at it or he's waiting to see how MetaBroadcast proceed with any future changes. I've been following their Google Group and as far as I can tell they're not planning to get rid of the current RT format anytime soon though.

A small improvement would be to support the prgdets "Add production date to title" which I always used to use but this breaks FilmFix.
Great as is though.I haven't much time to look at it further at the moment but I'll try to find time to see if it's possible later next week.

Cheers,
Brian

martint123
2012-03-01, 12:01 PM
I'm afraid it crashed on me this morning.

Error and RT xml file attached (if it will fit).

bgowland
2012-03-01, 02:21 PM
I think I can see the problem. I'm just on my way out for a couple of hours but I'll upload a new version when I get back tonight.

bgowland
2012-03-01, 05:18 PM
@martin123 - Can you try the attached please and let me know if it fixes the problem.

@Petrovski - Sorry I haven't had time to look at the title / production date thing. Can you let me know how you would expect it to look? I'm guessing "Some Film: 2001" or similar?

EDIT: Removed attachment. Updated version now available from post #1 of this thread.

Cheers,
Brian

ACTCMS
2012-03-01, 05:31 PM
That fixed the problem for me Brian...

Alex

martint123
2012-03-01, 05:40 PM
@martin123 - Can you try the attached please and let me know if it fixes the problem.

Very many thanks the quick fix Brian - that appears to have fixed it. Certainly the crash is no longer.

gEd
2012-03-01, 05:46 PM
Thanks Brian!

bgowland
2012-03-01, 06:41 PM
Thanks all for the confirmation. Seems the RT source has a whole bunch of films without any <category> element at all - totally confused RT_FilmFix.

I've removed the attachment I uploaded a few posts back and updated post #1 of this thread.

For those who downloaded that first fix, I've slightly tweaked it further so you may want to download again from post #1 just for completeness sake. The difference is mostly cosmetic but functionality is the same.

Cheers,
Brian

ChubbyArse
2012-03-26, 10:57 AM
Hi,

I've been using Brians fix since the new year without a problem - until yesterday when I noticed that my Movie guide was getting empty.

Not sure when something changes - but looking back through my logs, Jennifer's Body on Channel 4 was recognised as a film (and updated by RT_FilmFix) for last Saturday's (I think it was Saturday - 24th) showing. However there is a showing next Sat 31st that is not updated.

What seemed to happen - was up to this weekend all the films were correctly updated, anything after has not (with the exception of about 8 films). So it would suggest that something has been changed in the raw xml from RT?? I was surprised not to see anything reported here (like at the beginning of the month - you guys had noticed the issue and fixed it before I'd even noticed....

Thanks for any feedback guys.

gEd
2012-03-26, 02:10 PM
I was just wondering why gaps had started appearing in my EPG, such as robin hood this evening on ch5 at 9pm that is not in the EPG_EVENT table.

<programme start="20120326210000 +0100" stop="20120327000500 +0100" channel="UK_RT_134">
<title lang="en">Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves</title>
<desc lang="en">An English nobleman returns home from the crusades to find his father has been murdered and the local people are repressed by the tyrannical rule of the Sheriff of Nottingham. Branded an outlaw, he recruits a group of bandits to fight for justice and protect the downtrodden. Action adventure, starring Kevin Costner, Alan Rickman, Morgan Freeman and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio.</desc>
<credits>
<director>Kevin Reynolds</director>
<actor>Robin of Locksley/Robin Hood - Kevin Costner</actor>
<actor>Sheriff of Nottingham - Alan Rickman</actor>
<actor>Azeem - Morgan Freeman</actor>
<actor>Maid Marian - Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio</actor>
<actor>Will Scarlett - Christian Slater</actor>
<actor>Friar Tuck - Mike McShane</actor>
<actor>Guy of Gisborne - Michael Wincott</actor>
<actor>Little John - Nick Brimble</actor>
<actor>Fanny - Soo Drouet</actor>
<actor>King Richard - Sean Connery</actor>
</credits>
<date>1991</date>
<category lang="en">Drama</category>
<length units="minutes">185</length>
<video>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
</video>
<subtitles type="teletext">
<language lang="en">English</language>
</subtitles>
</programme>

ChubbyArse
2012-03-26, 03:24 PM
gEd - it's not so much gaps for me - it's more like I only have 8 movies in my movie guide!

bgowland
2012-03-26, 05:35 PM
Damn - it's a daylight savings issue. :(

To re-write the xmltv file, I match on start time / channel / title etc. and XMLTV GUI has started writing the times with a +0100 offset which is throwing off RT_Filmfix.

I'll get a new version uploaded ASAP - hopefully later on tonight.

Cheers,
Brian

bgowland
2012-03-26, 09:29 PM
I've uploaded a new version available in the first post of this thread - please re-read the instructions for installation as a reminder of where the individual files need to go.

FIXED: Problem with matching start time of films due to change to BST

I've also added an updated channels.dat file which needs to be copied into the folder where XMLTV GUI is installed (e.g., C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI).

NOTE: The channels.dat file isn't part of the fix but I thought I'd update it anyway as there have been a few changes to it recently.

Cheers,
Brian

gEd
2012-03-26, 10:30 PM
fixed..

Many thanks Brian!

bgowland
2012-03-26, 10:37 PM
fixed..

Many thanks Brian!Glad it works, thanks for the confirmation.

ChubbyArse
2012-03-27, 08:08 AM
Hi Bri - I wasn't in last night, I'll pick up the build tonight and give it a whirl and report back.

I emailed the XmlTVGui guy ages ago about this going in the grabber,

cue1boy
2012-08-05, 03:26 PM
New Here so please be gentle.
Will this help with colour coding in Windows 7 Media Center

cue1boy
2012-08-05, 03:56 PM
Is it possible to change the categories to Movie as to allow the colour coding to work on Windows 7 Media Center.

martint123
2012-08-05, 05:29 PM
I doubt it. This is designed to read an XML EPG file from something like the RadioTimes and tweak it to include 'file' in the title and produce a new file.
The RadioTimes used to do this, but it went away.

I think Media Centre uses its own built-in EPG??

bgowland
2012-08-05, 07:18 PM
New Here so please be gentle.
Will this help with colour coding in Windows 7 Media CenterSorry, I don't know anything about any of the MCE versions of Windows.

As martint123 says, the utility was designed to compensate for a change in EPG data grabbed from the Radio Times website. Radio Times handed over the responsibility of generating EPG data to another company and where previously the EPG data would contain a <category>Film</category> element in the XML data, this was replaced to reflect the genre of films, e.g., <category>Drama</category> and this messed up the way NextPVR worked for it's genre colour coding.

If you are somehow importing XMLTV data from the Radio Times site then I may be able to make an adjustment but can't promise a time-frame as I'm just about to move house and things are a bit frantic at the moment.

Cheers,
Brian

cue1boy
2012-08-06, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the swift replies.
Windows 7 Media Center uses colour coding based on categories such as Kids,Movie,News,Sport etc.
I import my own data from the UKRT using XMLTV GUI and BSEPG to do the import.
Because the movies are not categorised as Movie colour coding does not work for this category.
Cheers in advance.

martint123
2012-08-06, 11:54 AM
I'd give it a try - it replaces the category tag with 'film' for things that are tagged with "types of film" now.
If you really need "movie" then a search & replace should work.

cue1boy
2012-08-06, 06:15 PM

Please explain what file i need to change, Thanks.

bgowland
2012-08-06, 10:48 PM

Please explain what file i need to change, Thanks.After you run the utility you'd need to open whatever the xmltv file is created by XMLTV GUI (usually data.xml) with something like Wordpad or Notepad++ (my choice) and search on <category>Film</category> and replace with <category>Movie</category>.

I've basically wound down any software development for the moment but should be up and running again (hopefully) soon. Bump this thread next week and I'll put some more options into the RT_FilmFix utility.

Cheers,
Brian

cue1boy
2012-08-07, 06:49 AM
Brilliant, Thanks a bunch, unfortunately this is what i get when processing'

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\M Frankland>"C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\RT_FilmFix.bat"

C:\Users\M Frankland>cmd /C "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\XmltvGUI.exe /grab
'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\M Frankland>"C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\RT_FilmFix.exe" "C:\Program Fil
es\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\settings"
Processing channel cache files...
Unable to find cache file: c:\program files\xmltv gui\cache\uk_rt\1802 - skippin
g...
Writing film file...
Backing up xmltv data file...
RewriteCategories() general exception: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32
errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Bo
olean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean ov
erwrite)
at RT_FilmFix.Program.RewriteCategories() in C:\Documents and Settings\gbpvr\
My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RT_FilmFix\Program.cs:line 214

bgowland
2012-08-07, 06:59 PM
In your batch file you've missed a closing quote after XmltvGUI.exe...

C:\Users\M Frankland>cmd /C "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\XmltvGUI.exe /grab

cue1boy
2012-08-08, 06:30 AM
Thanks, i missed that, i am still getting this though

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\M Frankland>"C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\RT_FilmFix.bat"

C:\Users\M Frankland>cmd /C "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\XmltvGUI.exe" /grab

C:\Users\M Frankland>"C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\RT_FilmFix.exe" "C:\Program Fil
es\XMLTV GUI" "C:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI\settings"
Processing channel cache files...
Unable to find cache file: c:\program files\xmltv gui\cache\uk_rt\1802 - skippin
g...
Writing film file...
Backing up xmltv data file...
RewriteCategories() general exception: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32
errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Bo
olean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean ov
erwrite)
at RT_FilmFix.Program.RewriteCategories() in C:\Documents and Settings\gbpvr\
My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\RT_FilmFix\Program.cs:line 214

C:\Users\M Frankland>

martint123
2013-04-30, 07:18 PM
I don't know if you can still remember this Brian? but I've just noticed I have no "films" for me to peruse. and an error during processing.

Your assistance most welcome ;)

bgowland
2013-04-30, 08:05 PM
I don't know if you can still remember this Brian? but I've just noticed I have no "films" for me to peruse. and an error during processing.

Your assistance most welcome ;)I'll take a look and run your data.xml through in debug mode.

To be honest the whole idea of using RT as a source for TV listings is possibly going down the pan. Metabroadcast have their own idea about how they want to do things and although they seem contractually bound to RT (for the moment at least), they're screwing things up gradually.

Sorry, rant over. :) I'll see what I can find and try and provide a fix ASAP.

Cheers,
Brian

bgowland
2013-05-01, 12:53 AM
This actually looks like an issue with the channel data file(s). Have you changed the channels that XMLTV GUI downloads?

martint123
2013-05-01, 05:05 PM
This actually looks like an issue with the channel data file(s). Have you changed the channels that XMLTV GUI downloads?

I think I must have done a "refresh" of the rt_grabber and maybe added and deleted a channel or two - due to the reshuffle that Sky did early this week.
The only channel data file I found was within your zip. ISTR it is somewhere in the RT feed, but in my dotage I can't remember the details of how to find it ;(.

I'd like to be able to use an alternative to the RT, but with my lack of skills have to rely on others for a solution....

thanks
Martin

bgowland
2013-05-01, 05:39 PM
ISTR it is somewhere in the RT feed, but in my dotage I can't remember the details of how to find it ;(.You and me both - I just had to comb the RT_FilmFix source code to remember how it works and even now I'm still scratching my head. :D

The easiest thing would be if you zip and attach your entire "E:\Program Files\XMLTV GUI" folder and I'll drop it into my machine and debug it.

Cheers,
Brian

martint123
2013-05-01, 06:32 PM
Mended! Back at my machine and with your prompt I managed to find the latest channels.dat and update the xmltvgui base directory and all works well now.

For a reminder, it is hidden away at http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat

Many thanks for your help.
Martin

bgowland
2013-05-01, 06:44 PM
Ah yes. It uses two channels files (channels.dat which is the full list and userchannels.txt). I guessed one or other of those might need some attention.

Glad you got it working.

Cheers,
Brian