PDA

View Full Version : Music Box interface

Grampz
2011-12-03, 03:09 AM
I have some wishes for the music box plugin and am sure additional input for interface features by others are needed before a new release is written, if possible.

- When a song is played a new screen focusing on the artist or album selected with a timeline bar, having pause/ff/rw, shuffle, continuous play, next, previous, repeat options. Maybe possibility of displaying artsy stuff somewhat similar to how Win media player does.

- Ability to add, create, edit, select from multiple playlists. Also, when playing having a timeline bar and display similar to above.

Just a start

Greg

mvallevand
2011-12-03, 04:16 AM
When a song is played a new screen focusing on the artist or album

Thanks for the feedback, I hope there will be other comments too.

When an album is played the new screen that pops up has the art but right now there is no artist meta art. I don't know if I will add data or lyrics. The next version will have this with automatic downloading from http://www.htbackdrops.com/v2/thumbnails.php?album=1 if I can skin it properly.

selected with a timeline bar,

A visual timeline has been on my todo list for a while, but it won't be clickable. I doubt I will do ff/rw or skipping in a song because I doubt I can convince sub to add this to the NMT interface where I do most of my listening.

having pause, shuffle, continuous play, next, previous,

I'm confused unless you are talking about being able to use a mouse. Those are already there with a remote, keyboard, and multi-media keyboard. Shuffle I call Random. Continuous play is the default except in random mode, but you can select the time for random play and configure random play to re-start at the end of the set time, efffectviely being continuous. I have test for three days of random continuous play.

repeat

Unlikely. I don't like looping on one song, you can restart simply be hitting Enter on the current song in the Player view.

Maybe possibility of displaying artsy stuff somewhat similar to how Win media player does.

No animations are going to happen.

- Ability to add, create, edit, select from multiple playlists.

I am not going to build a playlist manager either. But If you like the set you have build it is saved when you exit it for replay or saving and managing with a playlist manager.

Also, when playing having a timeline bar and display similar to above.

Whether you start from the Playlist view or the other views the player view look the same.

Martin